Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

SUNDAY 28th August 9AM - Roll on, Roll off

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

SUNDAY 28th August 9AM - Roll on, Roll off Empty SUNDAY 28th August 9AM - Roll on, Roll off

Post  anti-climb max Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:29 pm

This weekend looks like it will be a mirror of the last with lots of rain on Saturday followed by dryness on Sunday; so we'll be joining the wheelers once more...... 9am meet.

We'll head south towards Maunsell Lock. For me and anyone else who wants to join Neil for the Welsh ride on Monday, that'll be enough, but if sufficient people want to go further there should be that option.... (Horton Cross, Wellington etc.)

Tri-option can be a ride with the wheelers although the canal ride will only be 60 miles.

Laser light

SUNDAY 28th August 9AM - Roll on, Roll off Empty Re: SUNDAY 28th August 9AM - Roll on, Roll off

Post  Laser light Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:48 am

I really need to get out on Saturday if i can so i'll be keeping an eye on the forecast to see if it improves. TV Local weather forecast this morning suggested it would be ok until early afternoon. If that is the case i will head down to Priory at 8 45 Saturday.
    Laser light

SUNDAY 28th August 9AM - Roll on, Roll off Empty Re: SUNDAY 28th August 9AM - Roll on, Roll off

Post  Laser light Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:16 pm

El Supremo, Mr Max Sir, I see that the forecast is now clear for tomorrow. Light clouds until 5 when there is one black cloud on the BBC forecast

Is it too late to move back to our usual Saturday schedule? We could then have a rest day before going to Wales on Monday.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:52 pm

You know what happens if I switch it..........

The forecast will change!

Whatever I choose will be wrong so let's stick with wrong plan A. Currently there is rain forecast on BBC until 11 for Saturday whilst Sunday is forecast dry until the afternoon. Sunday it is.
    Laser light

Post  Laser light Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:05 pm

OK, Fair Enough. The forecast has worsened for tomorrow, its changing by the hour so they're obviously not sure what's going to happen. Hopefully it will improve again.

As I can't make it on Sunday, I will head down to Priory at 8 45 tomorrow, so if you are in the same boat (could be an unfortunate choice of words) we can do a few miles. Wind is in the East so I plan to head that way - Somewhere between Chilcompton and Bradford on Avon.
    Laser light

Post  Laser light Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:34 pm

6 hardy souls braved the elements this morning, with a good mixture of youth and experience. Keith was unanimously elected as leader for the day, but it quickly became apparent that Bernie was the power behind the throne, with every deviation from his preferred route being signalled with a gruff shout of 'Wrong Way' from the Lantern Rouge. On arrival at the Marina cafe, your correspondent managed to produce the most woeful piece of ordering since Oliver asked for more. Forsaking the excellent coffee and cake for £3.50, an order for 'a week old burnt bacon sandwich to be on the table when I get back from the bog followed by a coffee made with 3 times used beans about 20 minutes later please" Or so it was interpreted. The "it must be her first day" waitress delivered the rest of the group's order over the next 3 hours, paying particular attention to making sure that nobody ever had more than one item of their order in front of them at any one time. Quite a skill that. Hunger then dicdated that this idiot went for the aforementioned coffee and cake deal. Toffee cake and it was superb. Price in total £10.40. It still hurts.
    The group then split, with the full but considerably poorer one, Artur and his amazingly polished pice of machinery bumbling around every hill in Backwell and the Chew Valley. 80.01 miles in total.

TTC 0/5
    OJC 1/6 (circa 2000 vintage)
    KF 9/10 ( nobody should be able to climb like that on a TT bike)

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:09 pm

Pissed down Sunday

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:39 pm