Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

5 posters

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport Empty Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport

Post  Martin Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Fourteen riders arrived at Priory where Ivan announced Langport (the peoples favorite - well at least mine :-) ) as the destination.
    The pace was fairly high and not hampered by any punctures this week.
    Hostilities broke out at Ashcott where Ivan told everyone to slow up and wait for Pete while he preceeded to make a dash down the hill and across the levels to High Ham in a bid to beat everyone. Neil, Nick and myself gave chase but could'nt catch him and about half way to High Ham we lost site of him only to see him hiding in the bushes as we went past!!!
    Once we all regrouped at the top of High Ham it was another dash to the cafe.
    The cafe banter was getting a bit rude this week and the jokes were'nt much better :-)
    We had a few Bank Holiday 'drongo' drivers on the way back.
    Knacker factor 9/10
    Toasted Tea cake Tally 9/10
    Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1207244

Don't forgot the clocks change tonight so next weeks Saturday ride starts at 8:15am!

Club meal next week - see the Events section of the forum.
    stubble07
    stubble07

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport Empty Re: Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport

Post  stubble07 Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Martin, you failed to mention you weren't the first one up High Ham bounce It was me Folks Very Happy Come on give credit where its due
    Strictly confidential. No one to mention that i was a flasher in my younger days. I am still healing inside from the beatings i had
    from the teachers. Bloody teacher bunch of cheater. Hiding in bushes waiting to pouce on you when you are not looking.
    Great ride to day thanks everyone.
    Pirate
    Pirate

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport Empty Saturday madness

Post  Pirate Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Yes, a good ride today guys. I had 80 miles in my legs when I got home & to be honest I was very pleased to see it. When I got to Sandford I popped into the local store for some much needed fuel - in the form of a Boost & a Topic bar - the food of champions!

Never done that before & I can't remember the last time I had to have a lie down either. Must be getting old, but still, I want more days like today.

Keep up the banter.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport Empty Re: Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport

Post  Martin Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Sorry Neil, you're right I should have let everyone know you were the Daddy up High Ham afro

Good ride.

showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Yep - really good day. Enjoyed the new wheels - buying new legs next week. Wasn't planning on competing for KoM but also was not expecting to get dumped at the top of Shapwick Hill cleaning my sunglasses while you lot hammered it across to High Ham. Jeannie was very complementary as I passed her at 22mph in pursuit of Ivan et al.

I must commend Ivan too for still managing to find a crappy farm track on a completely dry and sunny day. Bit concerned about Neil's post. Don't ever let him get ahead and hide in the bushes!

Definitely flagging towards the end so glad to get home.

I'd give it a RtC of 9/10 and a KF of 9/10.
    Pirate
    Pirate

Post  Pirate Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 pm

The thing is Richard, that we see you as a threat, so any chance we get to pull a fast one on you we'll take it.

Are you getting your new legs from China? Make sure they're coverd for flight/shipping insurance, or they'll be f...d before you go out Smile
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport Empty get some legs

Post  anti-climb max Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:22 pm

...wait 'til next week butler, i'll get you!!!

richard, well done for being 1st up high ham in the official jersey.

martin, well done for being 1st up high ham on winter wheels.

nick, well done for being 1st up high ham on a halford's bike.

neil, well done for being 1st up high ham on a bike that officially doesn't exist (at least according to insurance records)

thanks for the laugh chaps and don't forget....

'things can only get better'
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Woah! Who's anti-climb max? Hadn't thought of claiming that prize - first one up High Ham in a club jersey. I'll try adding a few more: first one in a club jersey, first one through Lympsham in a club jersey, first one to get cream crackered in a club jersey etc. etc. Might as well make the most of it while I can - it's the only time I'll ever get anywhere first!

Not sure what the problem is about ordering new legs from China. I was looking forward to a young female customs inspector jumping up and down on me in knee high jack boots until I was a broken man! affraid
    Pirate
    Pirate

Saturday 30th March 2013 - Langport Empty Saturday

Post  Pirate Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi Richard, anti-climb max used to be r-slicker . . . . .

Yes, it's Ivan !

He's out today with Paul, so no doubt another good training session. We may read about it later.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:26 am