Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 16th March 2013 - Bishop Sutton

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 16th March 2013 - Bishop Sutton Empty Saturday 16th March 2013 - Bishop Sutton

Post  Martin Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Thirteen starters for a cold but dry start. Not long after the start Paul Burns got a puncture in one of his tubs which meant the end of his ride. About three dropped off before the cafe stop which was at Bishop Sutton farm shop.
    It was the usual long wait to be served at the cafe. I think we should have a new club rule that no one is allowed to order a fancy coffee like cappacinos which seems to take ages to make in the farm shop. Those that ordered bacon rolls were treated to 2 slices of bacon rather than the usual 1! Nick treated us to the latest gay look when he stripped down to his tight vest - not a good look :-). When we eventually left the cafe he had started to rain and carried on for most of the way home. When we got to the bottom of the big climb up to the Mendips I got a puncture. So much for kevlar lined tyres! People were good enough to wait for me and help me change the tube. I paid them back by beating them up the hill which I'm not proud of. Most people took it easy down Burrington combe except some nutters - Ivan! There was the usual sprinting on the way back with Ivan doing very well.
    Toasted Tea Cake rating - 9/10 (did'nt actually have a tea cake but the cakes are always good)
    Knacker factor - 6/10
    Stats:- http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1182913

Upcoming club meal - see Events section:- https://westoncg.forumotion.co.uk/t58-club-meal-sat-6th-april#136
    Venue has changed to the Churchill Inn (guess where) on the A38. At 7:30pm
    Please let Marcella know if you are coming by next Saturday 30/3/13 so she can book it.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 16th March 2013 - Bishop Sutton Empty Re: Saturday 16th March 2013 - Bishop Sutton

Post  showmethecakes Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm trying multi-tasking at the moment. Watching Milan San Remo and commenting on yesterday's ride. Anybody else watching the race? What a disaster - all that snow etc. and a lot of the contenders dropping out. Just noticed that Cav is still going in his SHORTS! Must be just like cycling in the UK for him. Which brings me nicely to yesterday's ride.

Agree with you on the cake rating and knacker factor. Date slice was awsome and ride was short so not too tired. Made it seem worse because of the weather. I did notice we were at the Castle of Comfort again in the pooring rain and freezing cold. I have decided to call it COC from now on - like where are we heading next? - Oh COC!

I think there is only one route up onto the Medips that I haven't done now. Quite liked that one through East Harptree - just steep enough to make you work at it and a nice straight run off across the top to the COC. I still think we should have gone along the bottom to Blagdon and left everyone else waiting at the top. Not sure how funny they would have found it though. I am proposing a new club rule - if you want fancy coffee you must either phone ahead or sprint ahead of the main group to allow time to get your coffees before the rest of us arrive.

Uh oh! G has just crashed out with Tyler Farrar. Must get back to the race. Won't be out next week - brother's birthday. Enjoy!
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 16th March 2013 - Bishop Sutton Empty Re: Saturday 16th March 2013 - Bishop Sutton

Post  Martin Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Your message should have be renamed to Spoiler Alert as I have not had chance to watch the Milan San Remo. Hoping to catch the highlights tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those sprinters suffer in ths snowy conditions (wimps) :-).
    Agreed - the Castle of Comfort is now to be called COC.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 am