Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

+3
showmethecakes
pedrospedros
anti-climb max
7 posters

Saturday 10th October - Get Fresh at the Weekend

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 10th October - Get Fresh at the Weekend Empty Saturday 10th October - Get Fresh at the Weekend

Post  anti-climb max Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Yep, another dry Saturday, so it's time to be Showin' Out once more.

We'll be visiting Freshford's famous community cafe again; let's see if we can get there (and back) without getting lost for a change.

Route out will be puxton, sandford, churchill, burrington should you wish to latch on and we'll be passing chewton mendip and farrington gurney en route should you want a tri-stop ('gotta get back' option this week can be the cafe at morrison's, locking castle.)

freshford total mileage is around 95 as i recall.

it's been a couple of years since i went this way, last year the group went with martin whilst the alpine trip was on.

speaking of which, we need to start thinking about next year's holiday. it will take place week commencing monday 1st august 2016 and we'll be staying away for 3 or 4 nights, target total price for flights (with bikes,) accommodation and car hire is £500. i'm going to set up a poll to decide on destination, please only vote if you genuinely think you'll be able to come.
    pedrospedros

Saturday 10th October - Get Fresh at the Weekend Empty Re: Saturday 10th October - Get Fresh at the Weekend

Post  pedrospedros Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Superb,eggs Royale
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 10th October - Get Fresh at the Weekend Empty Re: Saturday 10th October - Get Fresh at the Weekend

Post  showmethecakes Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Any chance we'll see old Jeremiah with his pants on fire?
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:19 am

No chance, my pants are still soggy!

Have a good day out, looking forward to reading about it later.

Probably another couple of weeks until i'm back out. Just in time for the bad weather to start :-)

Martin
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 pm

got lost again and it wasn't 95, neil got lary with a VOLUNTEER at the community cafe, not that he should (or does) feel bad; and a few of us made the top 10 down that silly hill.

lumps and bumps as always, a discussion about the merits of a strava wanking site at the cafe, the usual 'summer nights' joke as we rode through wellow (home of a 40% hill apparently) and i was ALMOST king of the castle as we rode into banwell. burnsy ran his mandatory red light in winscombe and impressed us all as he managed to keep his navigational opinions to himself as we got out of the lanes near radstock on the way back (well done, that must have been REALLY tough!)

we need 'legs on fire' back for proper reporting.
    Pirate
    Pirate

Post  Pirate Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Yes Martin, I miss your 'out of the arse footage'

That's video, not talk!

Another good ride today guys. I always liked a magical mystery tour. Cheddar Gorge descent was fookin ace!

pirat
    stubble07
    stubble07

Post  stubble07 Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:53 am

What's "Lary"  Question   "Do you know what I mean"
    donkypace

Post  donkypace Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:31 am

I think Lary is the name of the Italian waiter

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:31 am