Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Wednesday 29th

Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Wednesday 29th Empty Wednesday 29th

Post  Keep up lad! Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Possibly some sunshine with clouds tomorrow and a moderate NW breeze. We will be riding but route will be by general agreement.

See you at Priory 9.00.
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Wednesday 29th Empty Re: Wednesday 29th

Post  showmethecakes Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 pm

About 10 riders turned out for this midweek marvel. Sam had texted to say he was running 5 minutes late so we sent the breakaway of Bernie, Keith and Chris (to make sure the old boys behaved) up the road. After about 10 minutes we thought we had spotted Sam approaching but it turned out to be a middle aged woman on a bike. An easy mistake to make! We eventually gave up on Sam and set off in pursuit of the others. Not sure how we thought we were going to catch them at 16mph but then hit the A38 at Churchill where Tony and Ivan ramped up the pace.

We rolled into Wrington but there was no sign of the others. There was no way we could have beaten them even with that final blast of speed but then the three amigos appeared from out of the sun. Bernie then led the magical mystery tour up Wrington hill to Cleeve, then Nailsea, Failand and then Potishead where we took our refreshments at a cafe in the marina. A pleasant ride home albeit a little windy in places.

100km (62 miles) for me at an average of about 16.5. TTCR: 7/10 - no cake on show and a bit pricey but plenty of seating inside and out.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:36 am