Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Sunday 4th January

donkypace

Sunday 4th January Empty Sunday 4th January

Post  donkypace Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Who's riding tomorrow?
    9am Priory
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Sunday 4th January Empty Re: Sunday 4th January

Post  Martin Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Count me in.
    Not even going to drink tonight Shocked Shocked Shocked
    donkypace

Post  donkypace Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:31 pm

I guess that's a race then if there's more than one rider.
    Pirate
    Pirate

Post  Pirate Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm

I'm in!

Where we going?

pirat
    donkypace

Post  donkypace Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Old Colonial

Post  Guest Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:20 pm

I heard Erasure, Soft Cell, Bronski Beat, Communards, Belouis Some, Kevin Rowland, Culture Club and Frankie Goes To Hollywood are doing a live gig at the Old Colonial in Weston tonight so you can count me out, but... I'll see you at the Priory at 9:00am. Wink
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:04 pm

With a break from the norm, 9 riders gathered on Sunday morning at Priory. According to Jim no one showed up on Saturday morning due to the bad weather. On the first ride of the new year we set of south towards Podimore via sea front, A370 Lympsham, Rooksbridge, Mark, Catcott, High Ham where Nick took the honors, Huish Episcopi and Podimore. I'm not sure who took the sprint to Podimore as i think i was about half a mile behind :-)
    I'm not sure anyone went for the Olympic Breakfast and I cant say i'm too impressed with £4.50 for toast and coffee but route there and back is always enjoyable.
    The route back was via Kenton Mandeville, Glastonbury, etc and Mr Burns the human GPS took charge of the directions. However we managed to lose Jim and Miche near Blackford. We waited around 10mins at Stoughton Cross but they didnt show. We managed 83 miles, which is not bad for a winter ride.

TTC - 1/5
    OJC - 2?
    KF - 4.7/5
    Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/3942484

Post  Guest Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:07 pm

Me and Miche were abducted by Extra-Terrestrials at Blackford Road crossing. Nah, seriously! We both looked right and left and couldn't see anyone so we both decided to go straight on into Blackford and then took a left down B3139 / Vole Road. Miche clocked a 140km when we both got safely back into Weston so I thought I would do an extra 21km to make a hundred miles. On my travels I bumped into to Nick on Birnbeck Road. He told me everyone waited 10 minutes and kindly apologised for losing us. (I really appreciate that you all waited for us, but I must apologise to every single one of you for calling you every foul obscenity in the Urban Dictionary...Sorry!) Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:16 am