Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry)

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry) Empty Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry)

Post  anti-climb max Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:59 pm

BO##OCKS, hands up if your PI##ED off with this F###ING rain.

BBC reckon that south is better than north, but who knows? hurricane pellow knows little mercy.

we'll head out through puxton, winscombe, cheddar and try to get to glastonfenneysweetsish.

see you there!!! ???

PS apologies for the SHI##Y language, you C###S
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry) Empty Re: Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry)

Post  showmethecakes Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Oh well - you know how it goes with the weather. You Winscombe you lose some.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry) Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Fifteen runners and riders were ready for a unseasonable warm day. The intended destination was Glastonbury.
    We headed south into a strong headwind, well when i say 'we' it was the usual stars who did the hard work - Ivan, Nick, Tracy, andy, etc.
    Just before entering Wedmore Nick got a puncture. He did his best to emulate a Formula 1 fast tyre change but Neil timed the tyre change at 16 mins so no job beckoning at Ferarri. He eventually found the little pr1ck and removed it.
    At Westhay the group split and Ivan bid me farewell. The elite riders did another 10 miles before reaching Glastonbury while the 'B' team huffed and puffed into the wind along the main road to Glastonbury. After receiving our vitals we headed back along the main road where Richard treated us to a master class in repairing two puntures. Luckily the locals didn't seem to mind too much as we used blocked their driveway and lent our bikes against the car. When we got back to Weston we found the enduro motor cycle race was on. Big Pete got a puncture by the beach lawns and Andy was called on again to help with the puncture repair which was a 2 tuber. We were helped by one of the eduro security staff who looked on from behind the fence as Andy battled with a dodgy tube and pump.
    A good day out with warm weather an no rain.
    TTC - 8.5/10 Heapheys is always consistnant
    OJC - 7? A new club record?
    Kf - 6/10
    Stats - Club_ride_20141018_Glastonbury
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry) Empty Re: Saturday 18th October - sweet little mystery (cry cry cry)

Post  showmethecakes Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Many thanks to the crew in the pit lane who helped me change two tubes in probably less than 10 mins and thanks to Steve for lending me his spare. I'll pay you back when I next see you.

That is the third time I have doubled punctured on that stretch of road. The first two times it was down to the shoddy road surface and running over pot holes. This time I have no-one but myself to blame! Having turned around to speak to Andy I veered slightly off the road and decided it was too risky to try to turn back on to the road - probably would have wedged my front in a rut and catapulted myself off. Instead I kept on the straight and bounced over several rather large holes before finding a suitable place to get back on the road. Then there was the tell tale hissing sound resulting in two flats!

Clearly a day for lots of punctures.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:39 am