Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

5 posters

Castle Cary donation returns just in....

Poll

How much was donated by 'Lord Ribble of North Worle'?

[ 0 ]
    Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_left0%Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_left0%Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_left17%Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_left83%Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Bar_right [83%] 

Total Votes: 6
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Empty Castle Cary donation returns just in....

Post  anti-climb max Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:51 pm

The ladies at MacMillan have contacted me to thank us for our generosity at the coffee morning held today. They were also impressed by our wood control and skipping.

They did though, make special mention of one rider whose donation was most generous; they said that without contributions from philanthropists such as him the vital fight against cancer would be a losing battle. They referred to this saviour as 'Lord Ribble of North Worle', (his identity cannot be revealed to protect the innocent/guilty.)

Can you guess how much this great man donated?
    stubble07
    stubble07

Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Empty Re: Castle Cary donation returns just in....

Post  stubble07 Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Yes I definitely can vouch for his generosity, I saw him put £10 in and he when up for seconds as well.

Anyway I thought Nick rode a Halfords bike and lives in Churchhill pirat
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Castle Cary donation returns just in.... Empty Re: Castle Cary donation returns just in....

Post  showmethecakes Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:57 pm

To be fair to Lord Ribble he must be forking out a lot to keep Ribble Towers in a good state of repair. And as for Lady Ribble, it's probably not cheap keeping hold of titled tottie. I think there should have been more of a collection to watch a bunch of middle aged men bashing planks of wood together to music. The Morris dancers were good too.
    Pirate
    Pirate

Post  Pirate Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Yes, a shameful state of affairs.

A bunch of grown men acting like children, skipping over the cobblestones in their cleats. I think the term "got wood" has been used more than once, but hey, it's still funny.

It's a pity that some fail to appreciate the definition of "charity" and that's not funny at all.

Looking forward to our next annual encounter at Barton Camp. Nuff said!

pirat
    donkypace

Post  donkypace Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:28 am

I am surprised Lord Ribble didn't make a donation! if it's true may be we should send Chris Gough around to extract some cash from his tight ass pockets, as I think Chris also lives in that neck of the woods.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:51 pm