Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary Empty Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary

Post  anti-climb max Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Yes, it's the morris men again and Macmillan's coffee morning in Castle Cary.

Not on the village square this year, but at the White Hart due to renovation work on the cobbles (don't ask me!) Not sure where the White Hart is but I guess if we follow the Hobby Horse up an alley, onto a hill and into the Wicker Man we won't go far wrong.... Woodward would!
    Pirate
    Pirate

Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary Empty Re: Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary

Post  Pirate Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Castle Cary was fantastic. I love going there, it's one of my favourite rides and . . . . . .

. . . oh dear, there seems to be a slight flaw to our plan. Could it be that we never made it? Something to do with the weather perhaps? The only Morris men we saw today was Meirion.

Yes, rain stopped play momentarily and we decided to loop down to Wells and then everyone's favourite haunt - Sweets. Can't beat a good bit of Vicky sponge.

As Ivan suspected, once we got off the Mendips the weather cleared up & the sun came out. We even took our rain jackets off - marvellous! We met two club riders from Portishead who seemed to catch us up pretty quickly. We didn't feel threatened by them at all, so we decided to help them on there way & show them how to get to the A38 (as if they needed help).

Once we got back to Banwell Mr Burns very kindly treated us to some double-shot coffee hospitality, with or without sugar . . . or milk!

Yeah, we aint gonna let a little rain spoil our fun !

Anybody interested in appending the usual cake, OJC and knacker factor stats?
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary Empty Re: Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary

Post  Martin Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Classic old school ride on Saturday - a 50 miler to Sweets.

OJC - 2
    Knacker factor - 5
    Toasted tea cake rating - 8/10 only spoiled by the wasps
    Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1865741

It was great to see you all on Saturday night at Loves cafe. I had a really good night. As you can imagine I didn't leave the sofa for most of the day Sunday.

It is very generous of you to get me the thermal top and the polka dot jersey. They were inspired gifts and there were some great cards.

Saturday 28th September.... the (now annual) Hoi - deHoi - deHoike to Castle Cary Y4wKMgHN6aV8n0Mr-p7chYhBwIWXsZ9vY2uyUDPzXc0?feat=directlink

Link to picture - https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Y4wKMgHN6aV8n0Mr-p7chYhBwIWXsZ9vY2uyUDPzXc0?feat=directlink

See you next Saturday.

Martin

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:56 am