Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Saturday the mice will play

stubble07
    stubble07

Saturday the mice will play Empty Saturday the mice will play

Post  stubble07 Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Okay I thought I'll put it out there now.

Seeing our Boss is not here, he's left it to anyone to come up with a ride this Saturday. I've got a ride in mind if nobody minds Idea

Chance to stretch the legs a bit, meaning a bit more climbing than normal. bounce

Because of the East wind forecast for Saturday (no rain at the moment, temping fate I know). I thought a ride to Vegetable Frome. With then a slightly different way back with the East wind roughly behind us Very Happy

It'll be about 80 miles with over 4000 ft according to Strava (Spanish hill training)

Route out will be Puxton, Churchill, Burrington

You like?  Neutral

Pop Question > I don't have any
    Laser light

Saturday the mice will play Empty Re: Saturday the mice will play

Post  Laser light Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:10 pm

Good call
    stubble07
    stubble07

Post  stubble07 Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm

If everybody is happy with the ride to Frome (let me know now if not)

We are going to try a new cafe in Frome. Its indoors, looks big on the website, with outdoor courtyard eating area (if nice) looks like we can bring our bike into the courtyard eating area. Meat & Veggie breakfast option, prices similar to other cafes in Frome.

Ive emailed the owner to ask if they can take a accommodate a bunch of smelly MAMILs and me. I said there will be about 12 cyclist arriving about 11 ish

If you not happy I'll cry Crying or Very sad
    Pirate
    Pirate

Post  Pirate Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:07 am

Sounds good to me (squeek, squeek), especially the vegetarian breakfast with bacon.
    Although we have to make sure we are not crippled for Rich’s Sunday velodrome extravaganza!
    ☠️

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 am