Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 9th March 2013 - Pines

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 9th March 2013 - Pines Empty Saturday 9th March 2013 - Pines

Post  Martin Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Twelve eager beavers arrived at Priory school for a trip to Pines cafe on top of the Quantocks.
    This was a treat for Wayne as he is going to be doing an Audax in the Quantocks on Sunday :-).
    Before we got to Bridgwater we got split into two groups with the Paul Burns Cycle Group pulling out a massive lead on the rest of us. They took the long drag up from Enmore while the rest of us went around the back way up the very steep hill.
    When we got to the Pines cafe Meirion was fixing a puncture and Andy also had one.
    Neil enjoyed the view of some nice tits - blue tits in the tree!
    The service was a bit disorganised and i would give the tea cakes an average rating ot 6/10 however the rocky road scored a 9/10.
    The ride back down the hill was fun but Andy got another puncture. We twiddled back via Bason Bridge where the usual sprint occurred. Neil made an early bid for glory but Paul and Ivan were trying to haul him back when a car pulled out in front of them allowing them to get a good tow up to him. Just before the final sprint which Ivan won Pauls crank arm came off or at least thats the excuse he used for not winning.

Stats:- http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1171569
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 9th March 2013 - Pines Empty Re: Saturday 9th March 2013 - Pines

Post  showmethecakes Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Where were the eager beavers? All I saw was about 12 keen cyclists!
    Wasn't intending to be part of the Mr Burns' Cycle Club but after building up a small gap it seemed a shame to waste it. At least Paul kept the speed to about 23-26 mph, unlike Weston sea front where he sat behind a car at about 32mph all the way to Uphill.
    Roads were okay too - until some bright spark had the idea to go to North Petherton. Glad I left the RS80's tucked up in bed waiting for the summer months! Oops - sorry Martin, did I mention new wheels.
    Couldn't be doing with the Watchfield sprint but I'd like to know who remembered to take a crank spanner with them to loosen off Paul's crank arm. If no-one else remembers next week I'll bring a hacksaw to remove some of his essential parts (snigger).
    Rate the cake: 0/10 - didn't have any cake and I ordered beans on toast and got a jacket potato. Knacker factor - 9.5/10. Not quite the 10/10 as I did actually get home.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 am