Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 2nd March 2013 - Hartleys

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 2nd March 2013 - Hartleys Empty Saturday 2nd March 2013 - Hartleys

Post  Martin Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Thirteen riders for a cod calm day. There were some fashinistas who turned up wearing black, white and red. We set off for Hartleys on the top off the Mendips via Wells. We managed to find some roads that Gordon would have appreciated. We had some excellent food and coffee at Hartleys. Very funny when we asked for some milk and she said she we could have some big jugs! There was a technical problem with my Garmin ie I forgot to press the start button on leaving the cafe so missed about 10 miles of the route home.

Stats:- http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1159903
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 2nd March 2013 - Hartleys Empty Re: Saturday 2nd March 2013 - Hartleys

Post  showmethecakes Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Liking the COD calm day. Not much haddock around either. Maybe we should try heading out to sea next week - might stand more chance of catching something!
    I knew you'd have to get some comment in about the jugs. Personally I think you are very immature.
    Surprised you did not mention the fallen tree across the road. I think that man with no safety gear or protection using the chain-saw while smoking a cigarette and letting his children run across the road had a point - there was clearly a risk walking under that big branch!
    You also didn't mention how kind it was of Mr Hartley to reserve that table for us. Hope that other bunch of cyclists that turned up just as we were leaving got the same level of service.
    Rate the cake: 10/10 - awesome pancakes as usual. Knacker factor: 9/10 - felt positively worn out when I got home!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 pm