Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Chinese carbon wheels

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Chinese carbon wheels Empty Chinese carbon wheels

Post  Martin Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm

As some of you know I ordered some carbon clincher wheels from China and have been waiting for a couple of weeks for them to be released from UK customs. I was expecting to get stung for import duty but the good news is they arrived today with no duty to pay.
    The bad news is they are totally wrecked! There was a sticker attached to the box saying it had been damaged. It went on to explain it was'nt there fault (yea ok). On inspection both were damaged but the rear wheel is totally broken its like someone has jumped up and down on it. See the link for pics - https://picasaweb.google.com/chunkymonkey909/Damaged_carbon_wheels?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMGA8sHCpbjWSA&feat=directlink
    I'm hopefully going to get my money back and then have to decide what to get next. Cant say I'm in a great rush to order more wheels from China. Might have to get some standard alloys from this country!

Martin
    stubble07
    stubble07

Chinese carbon wheels Empty Re: Chinese carbon wheels

Post  stubble07 Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Sorry mate. You must be absolutely fuming , I would be.
    I know you have to take a chance on ordering stuff oversee
    But you still shocked when things don't turn up or worst broken.
    Planetx looking good for your money. I am interested in the carbon 50mm clinchers. At 399. Might be buying very soon.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 am

Thanks mate.
    I'm currently looking at Planet-x, Williams System 19, Soul 2.0 or 4.0, Shimano RS80.
    Any suggestions welcome.
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:44 pm

I know this discussion is a little old but the pictures are quite shocking. Really sorry to hear about it and I hope you get all your money back from somewhere. When I finally get the RS80's up and running you can try them out if you like.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 pm