Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

4 posters

Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross Empty Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross

Post  anti-climb max Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Following the success of last week's ride, I've been waiting patiently in the hope that our new leader might post this week's ride. But, alas, I fear he has realised that a second term in office will probably result in abuse, moaning and general mocking from the masses (if my tenure is anything to go by.)

So, sorry folks, but it's back to normal (?)

This week we will try out a new cafe, I hope you like it (all complaints to burn's the bread if you don't.)

As difficult as this is to believe, I'm told that 200yds from our usual Little Chuff there is an even better cafe. What, better than Heston's finest? I hear you cry; well, we'll be the judges of that. It's called Monk's Yard, sounds impressive as I usually measure mine in inches.

Anyway, usual route out (sea front, anchor, brent knoll) then we'll roll out through stoke st gregory and north curry offering two potential tri-stops (three if you add the canal 5 miles up the road on the way home.)

If the weather is good we'll approach the cafe from the blackdowns which will give us around 90, otherwise we'll cut across giving us a total closer to 80.

PS: long range forecast for next week is much hotter so we'll go further afield if this is the case, maybe shaftesbury.

Last edited by anti-climb max on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross Empty Re: Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross

Post  anti-climb max Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:59 pm

Richard was assured by those reliable folks at canyon that his bike was being dispatched last Tuesday. So not long to wait now........ No hang on, news just in.... Due to French industrial action there could be a slight delay..... No, okay, what's that? no problem, courier should manage to scale the barricades at versailles and will get to calais before Christmas, bike should then be ridden to weston from Dover by an asylum seeker and arrive no later than easter 2018...... No hang on, there could be a problem, if the brexit gang get their way on June 23rd rider could well be sniped by one of farage's boys..... Does anyone fancy a trip to Germany with Richard and a crowbar?
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Post  Keep up lad! Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Well, I was going to carefully and methodically devise another mystery tour but judging from last weeks comments, I suspect the agony of not knowing where we were going could make some of our members revolt.  And revolting members could upset some of our calmer riders.  affraid  So I decided against it and continue to allow our leader to soak up all the moaning, mocking and general abuse, as is normal.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:17 pm

With a decent forecast our beloved leader led us out to stretch our legs to Horton Cross.
    The pace was blistering and when we stopped we had averaged 18.1mph!!!!
    Mars led the rebels for a 60 miler to Hilltops. I cant think why we haven't been there for so long :-)
    We sampled a new cafe called Monks Yard which is right next to Hestons finest at Horton Cross. It was excellent and far too posh for us. Food was top notch although Pete decided he was gong to through his on the floor :-).
    The pace back was alot slower. Not sure what happened to Ivan and Steve at Crocks Peak.
    Sorry for the short report but i'm off out now and wont be in a fit state tomorrow.

TTC - 5/5
    OJC - 3?
    KF - 4.91
    Stats - https://ridewithgps.com/trips/9297403

!!! For all those people who are having problems viewing this forum i'm afraid its out of my control and it down to a problem with Forumotion.com. Please see this topic - http://help.forumotion.com/t145609-only-topic-ads-redirection-mobile-pc

To be honest i'm not impressed with them as i have had other problems - not being able to post etc. When I get some time I will see if there is an alternative free forum or in the worse case we might have to use some social media eg Faceache.

In the mean time if poss I sugest you install an ad blocker eg AdBlock which is very useful in blocking all sorts of ads. Its available on PC's and I think Android OS. I'm sure there must be something simular for all you Apple fashonistas.

Last edited by Martin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Post  Keep up lad! Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Ivan and Neil and me all stopped at Brent Knoll bogs whilst Ivan made himself 2 stone lighter for the final 10 miles. It should have cleared by next week.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:21 pm

I don't seem to be getting these problems with adverts. My advice is to get rid of all your spare cash, ideally rack up serious debts. That way they'll know that you can't buy anything and leave you alone.
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Seeing as you mentioned the new bike I just thought I'd let you all know that........

Okay it's not turned up yet. A free pair of Oakley's came in the post instead. I tried sitting on them and spinning my legs but didn't get far. I blame the Italians for the delay. They have clearly switched sides again and are refusing to do what the Germans want. I'm beginning to think that Koblenz is an anagram of Kolditz and my bike is being held captive because of it's Italian parts. Tom, Dick and Harry are well underway and as soon as one of the tunnels is complete I've asked Steve McQueen to ride it across the boarder for me. I just hope he gets over the barbed wire this time.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Dont mention the bike (war)! Ivan mentioned it once but i think he got away with it.

Pics from Saturdays ride -

Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross Wcg110

Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross Wcg210

Saturday 4th June - Horton Cross Wcg310

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:29 pm