Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

+3
Laser light
Martin
anti-climb max
7 posters

Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY?

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY? Empty Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY?

Post  anti-climb max Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:47 pm

This week we welcome some visitors from Majorca and Belgium, so everyone needs to be nice; especially the one with a sore arse who shared a room with the pirate (anyone got any spare shammy cream, he's run out.)

Forecast ain't too bad (so long as you've got thermals) so let's stretch our legs down to Wiveliscombe again; Nice baps apparantly.

Route out will be Sea Front, Anchor, Jeannie's local bogs and then on to Woolavington, Bridgwater, Enmore. So lot's of potential for our 'wiv ims' (Cannington, Pine's, Maunsell Lock etc.)

Wiveliscombe route goes down Cothelstone after Pines and on to the base of Elworthy Beacon, before turning south to the cafe stop (I really need to lose some weight, I bonked on this ride last October and I was fitter then!)

Mileage will be 90 ish.

PS: if the weather is kind there will be another drive and ride on Bank Holiday Monday (2/5) details on next post.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY? Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Maybe more than 25 riders were awaiting a good ride with good weather forcast.
    We all headed south towards Wiveliscombe - sea front, Brent Knoll. Steve tried a sneaky break away on the approach to Bason Bridge. When we did catch him he we let him sit on the front and do some more work :-). Next Ian and Dave peeled off for the 'gotta get back' option. Then at the top of Woolavington the main split occurred with Mars leading her rebel forces to Truckers. That left about 20 of us to continue on through Bridgwater and up Enmore hill. At Pines we had another split with some opting for Fyne Court. The rest of decended Cothelstone hill but no one managed to beat 'the Barons' No. 2 placing on Strava. At Bishops Lydeard Tony hit a rather nasty pot hole and got a pinch flat. It wouldn't be a club ride if Tony didn't get at least one puncture! We set off from the stop in dribs and drabs and regrouped at Elworthy. I say regrouped but actually those of use who waited patiently at the junction were rewarded with seeing the other fly past us and set a cracking pace on what Ivan termed a false flat which made Dolly Partons appendages look rather flat! At Wiveliscombe we dived into the cafe and supprised the owner who was reading the paper and demanded vitals.
    On leaving the cafe Nick found his new pride and joy had a new front wheel installed. Gone was the flashy Campag, replaced by a Mavic. If someone hadn't pointed it out to Nick I'm sure he would have rode the whole way home with out noticing.
    The first part of the journey home was a all out thrash to Milftown. With speeds of 25 - 30mph. When we stopped to regroup we found that Mr Laser Light had not been informed that the train was leaving. A second stop was planned for Mansel lock but when the turning came there weren't many takers as most of us took the 'gotta get back' option of riding up the A38 through Tauton. At Bridgwater the group split with some opting for the back route by the river while 4 of us continued on the main road. We hoped to meet them again at the The Drove junction but alas no sight of them. We slogged up the Bristol road until we got to the Brent Knoll turning. The pace then dropped a bit which was most welcome. Not too much later the other group caught us and we all continued back to wsm.
    Personally I'm knackered but it was great fun barelling down the hill from Wiveliscombe.

OJC - 3?
    TTC - 3.5/5
    KF - 4.99/5
    Stats - https://ridewithgps.com/trips/8742294
    Laser light

Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY? Empty Re: Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY?

Post  Laser light Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:29 pm

A ride of 2 halves. Way out hill, false flat, hill, false flat, hill , false flat ( you get the picture). way back, flat as a pancake 20 mph ( that's 30 kph in the new money) - possibly.
    stubble07
    stubble07

Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY? Empty Re: Saturday 30th April - Are you goin' wiv' im OR ARE YOU COMIN' WIVVY?

Post  stubble07 Sun May 01, 2016 8:29 am

Martin: I'm having problems with visiting this forum. It divert me to a Spam/page saying "Congratulation you have won Iphone" All that sort of crap. Do you or anyone else experiencing this lately

I'm on Apple Mac and Ipad.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Cheers
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sun May 01, 2016 8:31 am

Right, who's hiding the iPhone that Neil won?
    Laser light

Post  Laser light Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 am

Yes I'm getting that message too. Have to shut the site to get rid of it
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sun May 01, 2016 9:07 am

Ok, so now there's two iPhone winners. Who's got them? come on, it's not funny anymore.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sun May 01, 2016 9:10 am

Martin. Sort this mess, it's your site, you need to start taking some responsibility. These people have paid their fees and deserve a better service.
    donkypace

Post  donkypace Sun May 01, 2016 9:59 am

I'm also the lucky winner of an iPhone, also unlimited sky broadband. It was only yesterday that I won the Nigerian national lottery.
    stubble07
    stubble07

Post  stubble07 Sun May 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Phish Off
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Mon May 02, 2016 9:20 am

I won a new Canyon bike. Who's hiding that then?
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Post  Keep up lad! Mon May 02, 2016 7:40 pm

It's directing me to a dating site

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:23 am