Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Saturday 26th - Sutton Wick farm shop

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 26th - Sutton Wick farm shop Empty Saturday 26th - Sutton Wick farm shop

Post  Martin Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:34 pm

For those of you that can't make Ivan's ride on Friday I will be riding on Saturday from Priory at 8:45 (I was tempted to make it 8:15 for old times sake).

Join me for a classic old school ride to Sutton Wick farm shop for large slices of cake.
    The current forecast is for a shower at midday and a 20mph southerly.  

The route will be:-
    Sea front, Brent Knoll, Mark, Wedmore, Cheddar Gorge, Stockhill, Chewton Mendip, Sutton Wick.
    Then back via Chew Stoke, West Harptree, up the hill, right at pub and back down Burrington.

this is subject to me remembering to take the correct turnings and weather permitting.
    So this should give us a couple of nice climbs and about 65 miles.
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 26th - Sutton Wick farm shop Empty Re: Saturday 26th - Sutton Wick farm shop

Post  showmethecakes Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:17 am

See my other post about Sat ride. Keep me posted Martin as I would like to do Saturday ride as long as I am not the only muppet out in the wind and rain.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 26th - Sutton Wick farm shop Empty Re: Saturday 26th - Sutton Wick farm shop

Post  Martin Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:53 am

See my other post in Ivans Friday ride :-)
    I should have read this one first.
    See you tomorrow at usual time 8:45
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:45 am

S&@t f#%k and b£&@@&%#s. After last weeks debacle with a broken chain and a chest infection, this week is the first time in two and a half weeks that I felt almost well enough to ride. Everything was going fine until we hit the seafront and my chain broke again. This will now be known as the curse of the Brighton energy bar (read on).

Best of luck to Martin, Ade, Chris and Phil who were going on into the blustery yonder. I'm now about to fit a new chain and hope that this one lasts more than 10 miles.

Anyway, to the curse of the Brighton energy bar. Basically, about six weeks ago when visiting Brighton I discovered a health food shop with lots of nice things to eat, amongst which were some nice looking energy bars. For the next few weeks I forgot to take one out with me and they languished in a dark place in the kitchen cupboard. Last week was the first time I'd remembered to take one with me and had the broken chain. This week I remembered again. Broken chain. Next week they are going in the bin and I'll be back on the malt loaf.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:01 pm

are you sure that the bars aren't just an anti-man-up device?

in my experience, most things that come from brighton are just a euphemism for something else.

nice of you to let the brighton visit slip though, can't think why you didn't mention it before.
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Now that you mention it, the bars are wrapped in pink wrappers and under the 'Healthy Eating Guidelines' section it says: "Do not eat if operating machinery, or riding more then 10 miles". Didn't notice that before, or the name of the energy bar: 'Big Girls Blouse'. How stupid of me not to notice these things.

New chain now fitted and rear end all cleaned up and re-assembled despite losing a jockey wheel metal bush for about an hour. Eventually found it wedged in the bottom of my up-turned saddle!

Anyone for a 10 mile bike ride next week?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 pm