Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 20th February - Desparately seeking riders who are into watersports

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 20th February - Desparately seeking riders who are into watersports Empty Saturday 20th February - Desparately seeking riders who are into watersports

Post  anti-climb max Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:49 pm

The only thing that makes this coming Saturday's forecast more attractive than the previous two is the fact that this Sunday's forecast is currently more dire.

There is a bit of hope as John Kettley, I think that was his name.... he's a weather man..... and so is Michael Fish; (apologies for the unnecessary sub-clause,) (apologies for the unnecessary apology, thus creating a further sub-clause, whilst apologising for the unnecessary sub-clause,).... said that there was a 'certain degree of uncertainty' regarding the proximity of the front on Saturday (but if the Tommy's do their usual good BIT against those horrid Bosch then the front could be a good bit closer to Belgium.) I'm not sure whether that'll be good or bad, but I do know that I have a 'certain degree of uncertainty' in the front department too.

Hey ho! It might rain, it might not. So usual route (Burnham.... Watchfield... Sweets etc) applies, however, if it manages to stay dry we'll head down to Maunsell Lock or similar to take advantage of the 50mph South Westerley forecast from noon (though there is a certain degree of uncertainty about that.)

Route out will be Toll Road, Sea Front, Anchor should you wish to latch on.
    donkypace

Saturday 20th February - Desparately seeking riders who are into watersports Empty Re: Saturday 20th February - Desparately seeking riders who are into watersports

Post  donkypace Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:30 pm

UPDATE

It's pissing down tomorrow! Dryish Sunday. Unless your attending church I think Sunday may be the wise choice.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 20th February - Desparately seeking riders who are into watersports Empty Re: Saturday 20th February - Desparately seeking riders who are into watersports

Post  anti-climb max Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:20 pm

As anybody with half a brain could predict, the moment I called a Saturday ride, the forecast for Sunday improved. I concur, if wet on Saturday morning as forecast we'll have a stab at Sunday..... Watch this space.

PS Saturday ride is on if dry. If wet check forum for Sunday arrangements.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Nice ride today, not too wet and better company for a change....

glad i'm not riding on sunday again. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:24 am