Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 10th November - Barton Camp

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 10th November - Barton Camp Empty Saturday 10th November - Barton Camp

Post  Martin Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Thirteen people turned up for our annual ride to Barton Camp.
    After a very heavy shower to start off the weather brightened up.
    The ladies at Barton Camp provided the usual excellent fried breakfast with toast and sweats (I eat more than my fair share!).
    On the way back I managed to collide with an oncoming car as I rounded a corner in Wick St Lawrence on the wrong side of the road. It my own stupid fault as I thought I could see any cars coming over the newly cliped hedges - Wrong!
    I skidded and managed to fall just in front of the stopped car. The only real damage was to my pride although my right leg is feeling bruised.
    I think Barton Camp were pleased with the donations so a good morning really.

Stats:- http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1012599
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 10th November - Barton Camp Empty Re: Saturday 10th November - Barton Camp

Post  showmethecakes Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:11 pm

That's not good. Glad to hear you are okay after your 'near miss'. Have just spent 3 hours cleaning my bicycle after yesteday - soooo grimy and gritty. Have also replaced brake blocks so expect I'll go straight over the handlebars next week. Didn't need anything to eat when I got home - wonder why?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am