Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Wednesday 25th March

Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Wednesday 25th March Empty Wednesday 25th March

Post  Keep up lad! Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Not sure what Bernie has in store for us this week but Portishead may be possible.  

Sunshine and light NW wind promised by the BBC. Very Happy

See you all at Priory 9.00.
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Wednesday 25th March Empty Re: Wednesday 25th March

Post  Keep up lad! Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:17 pm

A sunny but cold morning saw 7 riders leave Priory for Bernie’s route to Portishead. The usual route out through Puxton, Langford at a leisurely pace to the first comfort break at Wrington bogs. Up Wrington Hill with Chris first, pretending to take it easy, and Tony close second. Chris's bike was making a strange creaking sound. There must be something seriously wrong with it. That's what happens when you buy cheap shite.

Then down Cleeve Hill and through the lanes to Nailsea and Wraxhall Hill where the same order was repeated. Portbury drop was fun after the climbing and on to the Lido Café at Portishead.

Supplies were short (No jam!) but no one was bothered as everybody was ogling the new waitress. Even Bernie was speechless. I think we may making more frequent visits in future.

The standard run home with the light wind behind us, along the coast then over Kenn moor with an upping of the pace from Congresbury to Wick.

An uneventful but enjoyable ride. No one got lost or left behind. No punctures. No mechanicals. No cyclists were hurt in the making of this ride.

Using Martin’s summarising method:

OJC - 0
    TTC – 0/5
    KF – 1/5

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:53 am