Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

4 posters

Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ###

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### Empty Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ###

Post  anti-climb max Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:42 pm

About Bl#@dy time!!!

Let's see if we can get to Lyme without some pooftah bonking on the way down.

This will be a long day, (somebody has already suggested a second stop at North Curry!!!)

RIDE SETS OFF AT 8AM!!! - if you arrive at 8:45am you'll be riding to sweets/rocky mountain/portishead with the tri-athletes

Route out will be Wolvershill, Banwell, Winscombe, Cheddar should you wish to latch on.

8:45 group:

I've just spoken to Mars; she and Andy will be running the 8:45 ride, so if you don't have the time/energy/inclination to go 99.9+++ miles you can have the usual 55.5 mile amble.

PS: I've made the call as late as I could. the BBC keep changing their mind, they currently forecast light cloud, dry, with a 7mph westerly (these conditions will be fine;)

HOWEVER, I will check forecast for a final time on friday evening, if it looks like rain we will abandon the Lyme plan and go for a shorter ride (MEETING AT 8:45) instead. Please check forum tomorrow after 9pm where I will notify a change of plan if necessary; I will only post a change of plan so if Lyme is on there'll be no further post from me.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Six crazy fools (Ivan, Rich, Steve, Scott, Tony and me) turned up for a warm dry day despite the many varied forcasts. We took the most direct route we know to the south coast. We were soon at the top of High Ham where a five minute debate ensued on the hill gradients and whether percentage or ratios are the best method of measuing them. The traffic was pretty busy in Lyme but we made it to the Cobb and then we searched the prom for the most expensive restaurant. Luckily the food and view were excellent. Before we left Lyme we took on board some ice cream and sodas (fizzy pop?). We went back via Axeminster, Chard and North Curry. We decided to stop at the cafe on the Bridgwater canal which was a good call as when we were enjoying our vitals a thunderstorm came over. We eventually braved the wet and headed back up the A38. Traffic was pretty busy around Highbridge but we manged to get back into our stride and pushed on home. A great day out was had by all.

OJC - 4/6
    TTC - 4/5
    KF - 4.4/5
    Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/6189404
    donkypace

Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### Empty Re: Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ###

Post  donkypace Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:41 pm

Can't beleive you'll did Lyme without me!

I've put on about 6 stone in Florida, still got 1 week to go.

showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### Empty Re: Saturday 22nd August - LYME ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ### 8AM MEET ###

Post  showmethecakes Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Thank goodness for that. Put on another 6 stone and the rest of us might have a chance to beat you on the bike! Just take your time, enjoy Florida and eat plenty more.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm