Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

+4
donkypace
pedrospedros
Martin
anti-climb max
8 posters

Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW Empty Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW

Post  anti-climb max Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:29 pm

PLEASE NOTE - THE FOLLOWING HAPPINESS IS WEATHER DEPENDENT

yep, just look at that bbc forecast; chepstow in january? you'd better believe it.

now, obviously the forecast can be wrong (along with my disposition,) but if not, let's make the most of some winter sunshine.

(now that triathletes are joining in with the long fun and leading the strava standings)...... poof stop will be somewhere in bristol.

if the weather forecast changes, please keep your eyes on the forum late friday/early saturday as we'll change arrangements like we did last week.

PS: JERSEY REMINDER
    as you might suspect, martin's phone has been ringing off the hook and G4 are guarding his house for all the cash. but; most magnanimously, he's still taking orders for WCG jerseys despite the deluge. (how many orders so far martin?)
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW Empty Re: Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW

Post  Martin Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:58 am

So far these people have expressed an interest:-

Me
    Steve
    Fryup2000
    Ivan
    Peter

I'm sure there are many others who want one but I've not been out a lot recently so have missed them. Alas I won't be out this weekend as I have to work. But dont let that stop you adding your name here or on the official forum thread.

Last edited by Martin on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    pedrospedros

Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW Empty Re: Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW

Post  pedrospedros Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:33 am

Have one
    donkypace

Post  donkypace Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:06 pm

I think you should show them the new and improved design. The orders are sure to flood in
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:08 pm

stubble07
    stubble07

Post  stubble07 Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Yes I think Eeyore is right. if you show the new design they will be totally amazed with Grey top. Matches the road we ride on albino
    Sam roth

Post  Sam roth Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:58 am

I'll have a jersey ordered, I'll be back out next Saturday. I've been poorly! Haven't ridden in a few weeks. See you then
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW Empty B Team Report

Post  showmethecakes Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Oi! Enough jersey talk. This is the Rides - Planning & Reports section, not Del Boys discount website.

B Team Ride Report!

Couldn't count how many riders turned out for this one. It's not that I haven't learned how to yet - I still have all my fingers and toes so anything up to 20 shouldn't be a problem. It's more to do with trying to count riders as we rode through Yatton as one half of the group had mysteriously taken a detour via Claverham rather than ride across Kenn Moor. Feel sorry for poor old Ken. Illustrious film career in gems such as Genevieve, Reach for the Skies, The 39 Steps etc. and now buried until a strip of tarmac between Yatton and Clevedon.

However, despite Ivan's best attempt to lose half the group we met up again in Nailsea and proceeded to Belmont Hill via Wraxall. Nick or Mark took the honours (Am. honors) with Burns the Baker a little off the pace. After some roadside repairs to a wobbly cassette using a steel tyre lever (again - if your reading this in America that's a tire lever) we hacked off across to Leigh Woods and over the suspension bridge. Met up with another group of cyclists heading up onto the downs so couldn't resist blasting past a few of them to show superiority (even Ivan got out the saddle and tried to look cool).

In Bristol the toilets were pretty full and not wanting to add more crap to the overflowing cafe we eventually split up at Kingsweston House (once more, if you are American that's a large building generally made of stone with a pointed roof but rather confusingly not owned by a King or in Weston). About 9 stopped for early buns while the A team continued to Chepstow. New layout in the cafe since I was last there. The counter is now on the left as you enter to make more space. Normally this would be filled with more chairs and tables to draw more punters in. However, in this this case it just created more space.

Entertainment was provided by our hosts who had a barny with each other behind the counter. Not sure how the mug of latte ended up on the floor but at least now I understand what the extra space is for.

Usual return route via the Avonmouth bridge, Portishead and Clevedon. Mars did a good turn on the front until the gentlemanly Dave took her from behind and relieved her of the wind. Quite hard going into the wind on the A370 but all got home safe and sound.

OJC: 1 (verification needed)
    Cock ups: 1
    TTCR: 8/10 for food, 7/10 for in house entertainment
    KFC: 7.5/10

Lastly, in order to uphold our high esteem within the local community, does anyone fancy dobbing someone in for snapping a key in a car ignition in Worle High Street last week as reported on the local news?
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:33 pm

Not sure that dobbing is the correct phrase.

Some irresponsible folks may feel that some drivers have it coming to them.

On which basis, there are those that will be gutted that the honours probably go to weston  wheelers on this occasion. My money's on lord ribble, especially after the Avonmouth debacle.

A teams ride was surprisingly straightforward, unpunctuated as it was by bollard collisions or punctures.

Highlight of the ride was the orange cake enjoyed by many.  Although the dandy highwayman managed to carelessly lose his

Thanks to everyone who worked for me past redwood lodge. Your efforts got me 8th overall on strava.

Ojc- 0
    Ocr- 9/10
    Jimmy riddles- +5
    Kf- 7/10

Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW Empty .....................

Post  Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:22 pm

Jimmy Riddles! Lol.... I'm seriously contemplating on purchasing some colostomy bags for my bike rides! It will save me loads of energy catching up every time I stop for a nature break. I also have the added option of attaching a long pipe to the bags in the summer to keep me refreshed on really hot days. Come to think of it.... It's a no-branier!

My highlight was seeing Pete's facial expression when he thought Nick was tucking into his orange jaffa cake! Hahaha... I know, I look pretty shady, but I honestly can't think why on earth Pete originally thought it was me who stole his cake, because my old dear always tells me I have angelic look on my boat race when I'm guilty or have done something wrong!

I would have done some turns on the front yesterday fellas, but I didn't have the legs after my hill fest on Wednesday. (I think it might be a wise idea to change it to Tuesday so I can fully recover).
    Ditch diver

Saturday 23rd January - CHEPPPPPPSTOWWWW Empty Chaiin gang top

Post  Ditch diver Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:53 am

Large for me please

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 am