Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

+2
Pirate
anti-climb max
6 posters

saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin Empty saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin

Post  anti-climb max Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 pm

forecast is pretty mixed for saturday so we'll head out to whitchurch garden centre.

we could pick up some bargains in the concrete planter sale and head back up the wells way.
    Pirate
    Pirate

saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin Empty Re: saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin

Post  Pirate Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:06 am

Ooh Ivan, you're such a romantic.

Are you taking me up the Wells Way ?

pirat
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Between 10 and 15 riders arrived for a wet morning with more rain forecast. We headed north for Whitchurch south Bristol. The outward route was via Puxton, Wrington, Redhill, Chew Magna, then the A37 to Whitchurch Garden Centre. Ivan had phoned them to warn them we were coming.
    In the cafe our orders were taken by a friendly waitres which is very unusual. She managed to 'upsell' Ivan the cooked breakfast. She then asked if anyone else wanted a cooked breakfast and got a couple of takers. Two minutes later when a couple of the group decided they wanted toast she told them they were to late to order as they had missed the 11am deadline and would have to wait until the lunch orders started at 12 and to cap it all it was very expensive  Evil or Very Mad ! This restored their reputation for unhelpfull cafe staff.
    With ominous black clouds gathering we ventured outside. Unfortunately some of our group think its funny to steal peoples gloves and let other peoples tyres down  Very Happy 
    Once we had escaped the garden centre we returned home via Hartcliff, Dundry, Chew Stoke and then up the hill to the top of the Mendips...
    Only one puncture was Neil just before we headed for the Mendips climb.
    Not many miles but lots of climbing.

TTC - 1/10 (Scones were excellent but the staff/service were rubbish)
    OJC - 2?
    KF - 6/10
    Stats - available on request! I have decided to make all ridewithgps rides 'private' as there have been a spate of burglaries near me and i don't want to give away my location.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin Empty Re: saturday 18th january - whitchurch center d'jardin

Post  anti-climb max Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:16 am

Very generous, the burglars in Worle. They locate their spates close to off form cyclists, thereby providing them the perfect excuse to stop posting their incresingly embarrassing stats;-)
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Yep - cafe lived up to its reputation. Taking my own breakfast next time and using the microwave next to the water jugs.

Mrs W had her old bike stolen before Christmas  Evil or Very Mad . Taken from the garden shed. Not sure exactly when as I never go there in the winter months! I've now decided to put a load of crap in there that I am trying to get rid of. You never know. Smile 

I'm happy to post the stats if you want. Slow, hilly, knackered, crap, 1. I'll let everyone else decide which category goes with each stat. Question 
    stubble07
    stubble07

Post  stubble07 Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Yes punctured on another Gater Skin tyre  Rolling Eyes  Properly came from the same shitty batch Meirion got his from.  scratch 
    Richard. Bake beans on toast. "Come on" everybody knows it's called breakfast.

Ivan. Very Happy
    Meirion
    Meirion

Post  Meirion Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:39 am

Gatorskins never* puncture, it's just a fact. I almost got off and walked up redhill, glad I didn't as it was a good ride Smile

Cafe service was crappy, a smile might have helped. It was warm and the seating was comfy so not all bad.

*They puncture sometimes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm