Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe)

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe) Empty Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe)

Post  Martin Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:24 pm

The Met Office are currently predicting rain during Friday night then a cloudy day Saturday with a 9mph southwesterly.

Currently I'm going to go for the safe option of Langport so we can enjoy the benefit of the wind on our backs for the return leg.  We can go up market at the Riverside cafe in Langport.

Route out will be - sea front, Mark, Burtle, Shapwick, 'Pedalwell', High Ham, Langport. Back will be via Burrow Bridge, Chedzoy, Woolavington, Mark, etc.

I've lost count of the number of times i've tried to post this!!!  Mad

Update - the weather forecast has changed since my last post. I will still be at Priory 8:45 Saturday but the ride destination may change eg BoS.

FYI - Its Mark's comedy night next Saturday 16th at the Windsor Castle pub probably starting around 7:30pm
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe) Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Despite the poor weather forecast 20 enthusiastic bodies appreared at Priory. With the teacher on holiday all the pupils were quite excited and ready for some holiday japes.
    Apparently some idiots had been swimming in the Marine Lake before getting on their bikes - Andy, Tracey and Wayne. Well done guys!
    We headed out on the highway well the Queensway and took the usual route via Brent Knoll, Mark, Shapwick then up High Ham and down into Langport where all riders stopped at the Riverside cafe. It was quite busy in there but we were served quickly and enjoyed good food at good prices. As we were enjoying the food and Petes funny comments the rain came down quite heavily but by the time we left it had stopped.
    On the return home we got to the lights at Burrown Bridge and Steve B almost fell off when he tried to unclip at the traffic lights luckily he had the presence of mind to shout for someone to hold his bike to stop him going over. Andy donned his mechanics hat and replaced 2 of the scews in the cleat which allowed Steve to conintue on. About 3 miles later Phil punctured - supprise supprise :-) Once going again there were no more problems and we took the usual route back via Chedzoy, Woolavington, Bason Bridge etc.
    Class report - overall well behaved but could try harder :-)

KF: 2.5/5
    TTC: 5/5 - excellent Langport bun
    OJC: 3
    Stats: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/8448548
    Laser light

Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe) Empty Re: Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe)

Post  Laser light Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Sir, sir Andy fixed my puncture too ( and gave tips about gearing and brake set up as he did it). And he kept his wife happy. 10/10. Head Boy.

Sponsored content

Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe) Empty Re: Saturday 9th April - Living it up at Langport (maybe)

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am