Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Wednesday 6th April

Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Wednesday 6th April Empty Wednesday 6th April

Post  Keep up lad! Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Well it doesn't look as if we will get wet on Wednesday but wherever we go I think we had better stay in the west with gusts of 40+ mph forecast from 11.00 onwards.
    So let's visit the very accommodating Truckers café and home via Woolavington and Highbridge. Then if the wind hits we can all get PB's from Brean. About 53 miles or 85 kilolometres for the AUKs

All the school children are on holiday so hopefully we will have a good turn out. Route out is Woolvershill Road, Summer Lane, Well Lane, Christon, Loxton.

Leave Priory at 9.01.30 approx.
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Wednesday 6th April Empty Re: Wednesday 6th April

Post  Keep up lad! Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 pm

A massive turn out this week of …. wait for it....3 riders. Where was everyone?
    On Saturday it was...”where are we going Wednesday Steve? I will definitely be out….” (Unless it’s too cold, too windy, too dull, too wet, too short, too long).
    Anyway, all you folks on holiday who couldn’t make it for whatever reason, missed a good ride. Truckers provided top quality greasy spoon fare at cheap prices. The forecast was accurate. Early light showers, sunshine and freshening west wind which by fortunate planning was on our backs for a good bit of the way home.

We didn’t think much o’ the ocean, the waves were all piddlein and small. There were no ship wrecks ‘n nobody drowndin. In fact nothin’ to laugh at, at all.

See you all next week for the next instalment.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm