Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 14th January - Brrrrrrrrreally?

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 14th January - Brrrrrrrrreally? Empty Saturday 14th January - Brrrrrrrrreally?

Post  anti-climb max Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:46 pm

A bit on the chilly side with a keen north westerly so wrap up nice and warm.

So let's take in some warmth at Scarlett's in Clevedon. We'll try to make it 30-35 to the cafe so there shouldn't need to be a tri option.

Route out will be Puxton, Sandford, Churchill should you wish to latch on.
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 14th January - Brrrrrrrrreally? Empty Re: Saturday 14th January - Brrrrrrrrreally?

Post  showmethecakes Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 pm

It was forecast as a frosty morning with a bit of brightness and slightly warmer conditions later on. I decided porridge was a better option and deferred the frosty morning for another day.

All your favourite characters were out for the ride including our very own Lofty. After meeting up wiv the rest of the geezers we set off down da road. Der was a few dodgy patches an' it weren't too good in places but no plonkers face planted and smashed up their norff and saff. Nuffin much kicked off up Red'ill but the Pirate bombed down Brockley. I was finking "oi oi! You starting sumfin guv"?

After the lads re-grouped we rode on to Nailsea. In true Eastenders style we sorted out who was going where. Wot you doin' Ive? Wozzit got a do wiv you? Just askin' n I. None of your bizzniss isit! Yer but I dunno wevver weez goin long or short? Don't care wot your doin but I'm goin down da Queen Vic n I. And so the split was made wiv most koppin out and goin short while the 'ard nuts did a proper ride. I fort Neil was avin a giraffe when we went up Wraxall hill.

Everyone met up at the Colonel Gadaffi for a bit of grub. The short ride group set off early doors for the return Burt and Ernie with the second group leaving about forti minutes Kat Slater. Not much happened on the way home and Lofty got back in time for his Brady's Bunch.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm