Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Wednesday 13th February 2013 - Sweets

showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Wednesday 13th February 2013 - Sweets Empty Wednesday 13th February 2013 - Sweets

Post  showmethecakes Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Good turn out for a weekday ride - Ivan and me. Forecast was iffy - possibility of rain about 10:00 and it was a bit brass monkeys - so we headed off to Sweets via Sandford, Cheddar and Wedmore. Weather just about held up okay - about force 6 from the south with a mixture of sleat, rain and snow.

Sweets was heaving as you'd expect on a day like this - just Ivan and me. Splashed out on a breakfast each - Ivan the large and me the small - and with fuel in out bellies and a tail wind (not the beans) we whipped home like greyhounds on mustard. Treated myself to a Bleadon Hill before getting in at the very civilised time of 12:30.

Almost forgot the ride stats: some miles done quite slowly, others done quite quickly, a few small hills and some flat bits too. Who needs a Garmin!

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm