Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 11th Jan 2013 - Burnham-on-Sea

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 11th Jan 2013 - Burnham-on-Sea Empty Saturday 11th Jan 2013 - Burnham-on-Sea

Post  Martin Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:32 pm

11 riders turned out for another wet and windy ride.
    Ivan said we would be going to Burnham-on-Sea so we thought it would be a short ride but he did one of his 'twidles' and it was about 35 miles to the cafe stop! We ended up on the promonade cafe Bay View where the service was very quick but my iced chelsea bun was stale.
    Two mechanicals - Mars had a puncture on the toll road going out and Andys mudguard fell off on the toll road going home.
    Nick was out for the second week running and sporting a very well home designed and built mudguard made from an old work top. He will be taking orders soon :-).

Ivan is going to be ordering the club shirts at the end of this month so anyone who wants one please let him know if you have'nt already done so. He also needs the money - £37 asap.
    There is a possibility that the price may be a couple of pounds less if we can get the Bike Chain shop to sponser us.

Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1089117
    stubble07
    stubble07

Saturday 11th Jan 2013 - Burnham-on-Sea Empty Re: Saturday 11th Jan 2013 - Burnham-on-Sea

Post  stubble07 Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm

sunny Did my ride yesterday in the lovely Mendip sunshine.coffee stop at Hartley,s cafe great descent to Chew lakes and back to Redhill and Wrington. Good ride apart from a van pulling out in front of me and a verbal abuse from me when I caught him up at the lights near home. I feel safer riding in groups than on your own now days. I am looking forward to the spring and hopefully some nicer weather. I am around for a ride on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday if anybody is around,
    weather permitted.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am