Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Wednesday 2nd Jan 2013 - Blaise Castle

Martin
    Admin

Wednesday 2nd Jan 2013 - Blaise Castle

Post  Martin on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Only three riders showed up! - Paul, Neil and myself. We were just about to set off when we got a call from Ivan who had just gotten out of bed - must have been a good New Years eve! I got a puncture just after Sainsburys due to a small shard of glass. I may invest in some kevlar tyre liners.
    Heavy drizzle set in as we made our way towards Bristol. Neil was suffering after a heavy bout of the flu so we made sure we looked after him by dropping him when ever possible :-).
    We made it to Blaise Castle but could'nt take in the usual good view over Avonmouth because of low cloud. Enjoyed some very nice choc peppermint shortbread.
    Uneventful journey home. Average speed seemed higher than the stats recoreded.

Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1075516
    stubble07

Re: Wednesday 2nd Jan 2013 - Blaise Castle

Post  stubble07 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 am

yes the first few miles to Yatton I was thinking, Paul and Ivor are taking no prisoners today Crying or Very sad
    I was indeed told off by my dear one when i got home " You should'nt of gone " I was no good for any house work that afternoon. Rolling Eyes

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 am