Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers  Empty Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers

Post  anti-climb max Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:40 pm

Heads up nice and early on this one. It'll be brilliant to have a good compliment for this one so it'll be great if we can all make it.

This Saturday it's the macmillan coffee morning at Castle Cary. This means hot drinks and home made cakes for a generous donation and a dance with the Cary morris men. Let's hope it stays dry as we'd hate to pull something on the cobbles.

Route out will be Puxton, Sandford, Churchill, Burrington. Total distance will be around 75 so no tri option should be necessary... Unless you've got to get back.

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers  Empty Re: Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers

Post  anti-climb max Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 pm

BTW (my daughter taught me that one.) basic mileage is around 75
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers  Empty photo

Post  anti-climb max Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:13 pm

well done everybody, another great day out.
    thanks to those who don't usually go long and hard, especially the senior citizens (who could have come down by bus for free!) i hope you felt it was worth the effort.

sorry about the traffic shenanigans in shit'n smellit, in an effort to keep route distance down to a minimum i threw us onto a very busy a37 which turned out to be a pretty bad move. fortunately though there were no major casualties other than a marriage break up from the husband and wife team in the grey hatchback, i didn't understand the tirade coming from the lady's (?) lips but i suggest she was saying stuff like; 'nice bike mate', 'how did you get such defined legs?' and 'would anybody like to pop in for a cuppa? the kettles on.' perhaps next time we'll go out via wells or similar, probably an extra few miles, but it'll give us a quieter route so worth it.

anyway, fantastic weather and 25 happy souls; i trust everyone got home in one piece.

here's a souvenir photo, sorry about the picture quality, framing and focus but what can you expect when there's no decent photographer around?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0VH5bUYVljka09XUDVxNjhoZWM/view

ps: i hope this worked, if not give me your email and i'll forward the original from paul

Sponsored content

Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers  Empty Re: Saturday 26th September - Morris Travellers

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am