Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Saturday 19th September - Tintern Out (here's where the story ends...)

anti-climb max

Saturday 19th September - Tintern Out (here's where the story ends...)

Post  anti-climb max on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Not too much 'michael fishing' required this week.... i hope; currently saturday is set fair with negligible wind problems according to the bbc (and when have they ever been wrong?)

We may not be getting too many more opportunities to go long and hard so let's go a few miles above ch#pst%w (don't say the word, it's bad luck!) for a change.

Now, some nerd (martin) will probably have googled 'tintern cafe' (on the t'internet) before getting to the end of this post. but let's just presume that a town of tintern's standing in the tourist industry will have a plethora of said to choose from and think what joys we'll share together as a fabulous cafe pleasantly surprises us.

From memory, the ch#pst~w run was around 80 miles, so i guess tintern will get us into the 90's

For those who 'need to get back' (don't we all, more's the pity) tri-stop can be bristol.

Route out will be the age old st george's, palmer's elm, A370 - congresbury, yatton, kenn moor...

I wonder if anybody will come back with a little souvenir (of a terrible year?)... Recent bridge crossings have resulted in broken relationships (bike -roof - bollox) and broken wheels (bollards - bollocks - bollox,) so here's hoping...

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:15 am