Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Saturday 24th November - Rich's Cider Farm

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 24th November - Rich's Cider Farm Empty Saturday 24th November - Rich's Cider Farm

Post  Martin Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Ten riders turned up prepared for the predicted downpour.
    We headed for Rich's Cider farm but by the time we got to the end of the toll road we had already dropped Neil. His excuse was he wanted to put his coat on. While we were stopped I introduced everyone to my latest cycling wardrobe addition - a shower cap to cover my helmet. I think I might have heard a few mocking comments :-) but I was laughing later when my head was nice and dry.
    The ride was tough with the cold temperature and constant rain. Mars and Ian elected not to stop at the cafe but head straight home. They missed the mini full breakfast which was excellent value at £3.
    The ride back was via Wedmore and into a head wind. We managed to miss most of the floods except Winscombe high street but it was'nt very deep.
    Ivan discussed the possibilty of getting some club jersey's made up. Not sure on cost yet but he will be producing some designs for our approval.
    If you are going to the Xmas meal at Burrington don't forget to tell Mars and more importantly give her the money as its getting close now and she needs to book it (£15).

Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1029381
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 24th November - Rich's Cider Farm Empty Re: Saturday 24th November - Rich's Cider Farm

Post  showmethecakes Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Glad there was a reasonable turn out. Fearing the worst I decided to burn myself out at football last night in case the weather prevented a ride today. Now I am paying for not going cycling by doing some decorating! Why oh why are we letting Ivan come up with jersey designs? I can see it now - shiny black 80's look with flashes of maglia rosa and sparkly pink shorts!
    Assume the meal is still on for tonight. Anyone know what time we are meeting up?
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 24th November - Rich's Cider Farm Empty Re: Saturday 24th November - Rich's Cider Farm

Post  Martin Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes, you are not the first person to think we should'nt be letting Ivan do the designs as other people mentioned they did'nt want to wear bright pink shirts and silver shorts!
    Yes the meal is still on for tonight. I believe its at the Coach house in Locking.
    Tandem

Post  Tandem Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:28 pm

So my ride in the sun on Friday morning and a long early run before 09.00am in the dry today was the right decision. Congrats to all who braved the rain and cold. I also am afraid to see what Ivan will decide the new club kit should look like!

Nice forum and website. Meal is at 7.00pm so see you later.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Great to see a new member - Tandem.
    I can't guess who you are.
    Give us a clue.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am