Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 17th Nov - Bristol Kings Weston

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 17th Nov - Bristol Kings Weston Empty Saturday 17th Nov - Bristol Kings Weston

Post  Martin Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:11 pm

15 runners and riders enjoyed the good weather and a trip to Kings Weston in Bristol.
    Cant be bothered to write a report this week just for Richard to read :-) !

Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1021097
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 17th Nov - Bristol Kings Weston Empty Re: Saturday 17th Nov - Bristol Kings Weston

Post  showmethecakes Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:38 am

Booo! Spoil sport - I like reading the reports so I can comment on them! How about you upload the data and I'll write the reports?
    I believe it was 16 who turned up, 15 made it to Bristol and one turned back at Clevedon (I think). Ivan met us on route due to not being able to keep it up in the morning. Once he'd put some new rubber on everything was fine and he joined up with the bunch sweaty but happy.
    Pleasant ride to Clevedon where the bunch were split by traffic heading through Tickenham. Not helped by a horse that bolted into the road in front of a car. Belmont hill wasn't as bad as feared - a mere pimple on the backside of cycling.
    Across the gorge and into Bristol for tea at Kings Weston House. Nice cafe, food reasonable and (according to me) not too badly priced.
    Didn't hang about coming out of Bristol - you never quite know what will happen if you remain stationary for more than a couple of minutes. Steady ride back to Clevedon where we said 'au revoir' to Ivan. Usual madness across Kenn Moor with a sprint at the end and then steady pace to Congresbury where the group split. Martin punctured at Churchill but we all returned safely to Weston where Martin actually got around the lanes without hitting a car!
    Good weather, nice route, decent distance. Very Happy
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 17th Nov - Bristol Kings Weston Empty Re: Saturday 17th Nov - Bristol Kings Weston

Post  Martin Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks for the excellent report Rich, please feel free to write a report as i always struggle to remember what happened!
    My puncture was due to a cut in the inner tube which looks like it was caused by the tube being twisted inside the tyre - must learn some basic inner tube fitting skills.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am