Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

5 posters

Saturday 16th May - The Beautiful North

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 16th May - The Beautiful North Empty Saturday 16th May - The Beautiful North

Post  anti-climb max Wed May 13, 2015 10:32 pm

It could be Chepstow or anywhere, Berkeley or Blaise........ but north regardless, before we head back to the beautiful south!

BBC have been more consistent this week and predict a dull, but dry day, wind from the NW.

We'll head out through st georges, A370, congresbury, yatton should you wish to latch on.

then the usual route up belmont hill and over the suspenders bridge.

once in bristol the tri-curious can alight at the bogs or king weston.

if conditions look good and we're feeling chipper we'll head up to berkeley, otherwise it'll be another scoot across the bridge to chepstow.
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 16th May - The Beautiful North Empty Re: Saturday 16th May - The Beautiful North

Post  showmethecakes Thu May 14, 2015 5:02 pm

It may be the beautiful north for you lot but I'll be on a road to nowhere. If I could turn back time I wouldn't have arranged something for Sat afternoon. Never mind, I'll be out for a happy hour (or two).
    BaronBanana

Saturday 16th May - The Beautiful North Empty Re: Saturday 16th May - The Beautiful North

Post  BaronBanana Mon May 18, 2015 8:02 am

Great ride as always, got myself some rather painful sunburn on my right arm, right leg and nose!

Chris S had a bee in his bonnet over me not working on the front so put me in my place on the way back from Congresbury!

As a contribution heres my footage of the beggars bush sprint, sprint up to the downs and some other big hill descent... All of which I lost miserably! Could have been worse; could have got hit by that Lorry on the Portway!

Video is unlisted on youtube :-)
    donkypace

Post  donkypace Mon May 18, 2015 10:21 am

What, you mean after wheel sucking for 85 miles mostly into a head wind you decided rather than do a turn and help the group you sprinted off into the distance, no I can't see why Chirs would have an issue with that.
    BaronBanana

Post  BaronBanana Mon May 18, 2015 11:22 am

donkypace wrote:What, you mean after wheel sucking for 85 miles mostly into a head wind you decided rather than do a turn and help the group you sprinted off into the distance, no I can't see why Chirs would have an issue with that.

Didnt mean to annoy anybody... I'll make up for it next week Embarassed
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Mon May 18, 2015 12:10 pm

That's right girls. You GET it out there honey's. Why don't we all share a group hug next week.

Good to see everyone's getting along again.

I just wish I'd had enough left to take the ebdon sprint at the end. Maybe then I could have been on the receiving end of some tounge lengths.

Here's to fewer wind problems next week.
    cornishchris

Post  cornishchris Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm

look there's me fixing my saddle on the end...yet again.

"Don't leave me highhhhhh.....don't leave me dryyyyyy"

cheers for the filmic

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am