Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

4 posters

Wednesday 29th April

Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Wednesday 29th April Empty Wednesday 29th April

Post  Keep up lad! Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Early rain is forecast so I think we can expect wet roads but it looks dry with a moderate W wind later.

Route will be Toll road, Loxton, Webbington, up Cheddar, then Priddy to Wizzer Spoons at Wells.

9.00. start Priory as usual
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Wednesday 29th April Empty Re: Wednesday 29th April

Post  Keep up lad! Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Only 4 riders turned up today, no doubt put off by the rain at 8.00.  Oh ye of little faith in the forecast!    By 9.00 the sun was out and clouds fast disappearing sunny .

We had a very pleasant run out to Cheddar and up the gorge with the help of a light breeze.  Then a brisk run over the Mendips and down into Wells.  

Wizzerspoons delivered as always with toast, jam and unlimited filter coffee for £1.90.  It has to be one of our best value stops.  

A welcome variation on our usual route home took us up Mudgley and into Wedmore then Weare and Barton Rd although it was a battle into the fresher wind at times.  

Unfortunately Pete T misjudged the 90 left on the way down Well Lane and took a dive into a wild garlic hedge, giving his shoulder a bang in the process No .  After we straightened his bike up, he had a short rest and managed to get back on and slowly head for home.  Hope you didn't do anything too serious Pete?  Let us know.
    Peter Thomson

Wednesday 29th April Empty Wednesday Ride

Post  Peter Thomson Sun May 03, 2015 12:37 pm

A&E 10PM WED kept me in until i managed to escape 10pm Saturday night.
    stubble07
    stubble07

Post  stubble07 Sun May 03, 2015 6:13 pm

cheers Glad your ok Pete. Hope to see you back in the saddle soon. Cool
    cornishchris

Post  cornishchris Mon May 04, 2015 9:53 pm

get well soon Pete... Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content