Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

+2
pedrospedros
anti-climb max
6 posters

Monday 6th April - Drive and ride - Cotswolds

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Monday 6th April - Drive and ride - Cotswolds Empty Monday 6th April - Drive and ride - Cotswolds

Post  anti-climb max Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:36 pm

All welcome to join in the fun as we take in 70 miles of Cotswold lumpy bumpys.

meet time 9am at priory, please bring your car/bike rack etc if you can and we'll load up and go, hopefully we'll be on the road in glos about 10am.

please ensure that you share petrol costs with drivers if you're bagging a lift.

confirmed attendee's (i will add your name as soon as you confirm attendance on this forum thread.)...

me - no car
    martin - CAR
    steve - CAR
    dandy highwayman/pink panther - CAR
    chris - ?
    jeannie - meeting us in sodding chipbury

if you see a question mark against your name please either confirm attendance or transport status.

Last edited by anti-climb max on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Monday 6th April - Drive and ride - Cotswolds Empty Re: Monday 6th April - Drive and ride - Cotswolds

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Sorry Ivan, I'm not going to be able to make it after all.

Apparently, we (me and the wife, not you and me!) have plans to go for a 10 mile ride around WsM! we'll probably achieve a peak speed of about 10mph!

I know what I'd rather be doing, but for the sake of marital bliss - and the hope that I can get away for a european jaunt with you lot in the summer - I'm going to give it a miss.

i hope you have a great day out. see you soon

regards, Paul
    pedrospedros

Monday 6th April - Drive and ride - Cotswolds Empty Re: Monday 6th April - Drive and ride - Cotswolds

Post  pedrospedros Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Me car
    cornishchris

Post  cornishchris Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:17 pm

confirmed....car unsure yet, sorry. If I do have it though I'm happy to caddy a few bikes if needed.
    girlsride2
    girlsride2

Post  girlsride2 Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:42 pm

I'm in, but need to know start time and place in Cotswolds as I am going up there on Sunday arvo.

May bring cakes if you cooperate pig
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:03 pm

hi jeannie,

we will be parking cars in the car park of the cross hands pub, old sodbury.

easy to find, it's about 3 miles north of m4 junction 18 (bath). it is on the crossroads of the A45 and the B4040, there are traffic lights at the junction and you turn right at these when coming from the motorway, the car park entrance is 50yds on the left.

after leaving weston at 9 we ought to be there just before 10 and will therefore be on the road at about 10am, my phone number is 07968697915 if you need to contact us on the day.

cornishchris

Post  cornishchris Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 pm

well, shall i just ride over and jump in the car with one of you fellas as theres only a few of us going by the looks of it?

cs
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Great ride, great cakes (thanks to jeannie's mum) great weather, great roads, pity about the company... An almost perfect day.
    cornishchris

Post  cornishchris Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Thanks folks...had a really nice day, especially J for the bonus tea/cake/dog stop.....!
    pedrospedros

Post  pedrospedros Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Tis was a delight glorious sunshine glorious cakes (Jeanie) the road the road
    girlsride2
    girlsride2

Post  girlsride2 Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Was hanging at times but loved it! Sleep drunken
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:06 pm

Sunburn on the conk = great ride.

I tried to steal Petes bike by losing the key to the bike lock so when we got back to Banwell we couldn't take it off the bike rack! Ended up driving back to my house to find the spare key - no go. So had to hack saw off the bike lock cable which unsupprisingly was very easy - well it was for a big lad like Pete.

Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/4355400
    cornishchris

Post  cornishchris Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:45 pm

funniest ride report i've read for ages!
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:44 pm

I know where the key is..... it's where you last had it! Now, did you look properly?

Best cafe stops in ages...

1. Jeannie's mmum's - free!!! My coffee tasted more like tea (which was nice anyway) but cake was out of this world (a bit like Cricklade bottoms acaccording to Paul)

2. Cricklade - excellent value, cheap paninis and extra terrestrial scenery (according to Paul)

3. Tetbury - nice sun trap seating, weird ice cream (thanks Martin) though there's now a teapot shortage.

That just about covers the stats, though Paul will need to add the numbers (my guess is in the region of 34-24-36)

Obviously little used roads if my strava kom stats are anything to go by, some were up hill!!!
    pedrospedros

Post  pedrospedros Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 am

Which was my tea tasted of coffe looked liked tea
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Post  Keep up lad! Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:46 pm

Great ride, great roads, great tea stops, especially the home made cake. (Thanks Jeannie's mum)

A 3 cake strategy is definitely worth further trials.

All those who didn't make the effort for this ride missed a good one.

The company was especially good. Apart from Ivan, that is.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am