Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

April fools Wednesday

Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

April fools Wednesday Empty April fools Wednesday

Post  Keep up lad! Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:56 pm

Will we be fools to go out in this weather?  Have to wait and see but we may catch a rain shower after 12.00, and winds are moderate Westerly.  After Sunday and today it should be childs play.  

Speaking of which.  It's half term so we had all better be on our best behaviour as we may have some children riding with us.  

Bernie is suggesting  Wrington, Winters Lane to airport and Winford to Chew Valley tea rooms and back via Harptree and Castle of Comfort.

See you all at Priory 9.00 as it's summer time now.
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

April fools Wednesday Empty Re: April fools Wednesday

Post  Keep up lad! Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Better late than never with this report!  

Despite a forecast of later rain, 9 riders set off at our usual Wednesday pace up to Wrington via Puxton.  

As a group we began the climb up to the airport with Ivan shooting past us all at the Walled Garden to shouts of oih!  but in time honoured Wednesday tradition, no one bothered to give chase Sleep .  A few moments later we came across the sight of a mangled rear mech wound round a chainstay.  Hard to tell what had happened first.  Broken chain or busted jockey wheel but  it looked very expensive, and sadly, terminal for Ivan’s ride Crying or Very sad .  

After being  assured he had a lift back we continued.  Chris and Malcolm shortening  their ride at Brockley combe and heading home while the remaining 6 went on to the Lakeside café at Chew Valley.  

Always the one for punishment Bernie steered us back in the rain via East Harptree hill and a battle into the headwind across the Mendips to Burrington and home.  

Perhaps now that the weather is improving we may see Wednesday numbers increasing?

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm