Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Unwanted bike bits for charity auction

Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Unwanted bike bits for charity auction Empty Unwanted bike bits for charity auction

Post  Keep up lad! Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Well I have been underwhelmed by the flood of unwanted bits donated so far Crying or Very sad .

A wheel, a mini pump and an MTB stem. Come on guys! Everybody has bits they don't want any more. Donate them to the Weston Hospice charity and feel good that you did something to help someone in a bad place.

Post here or call me 07939512717
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Unwanted bike bits for charity auction Empty Re: Unwanted bike bits for charity auction

Post  anti-climb max Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:21 pm

even my wife doesn't want my old bits, i don't mind having a rummage for bike parts though.
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Unwanted bike bits for charity auction Empty Re: Unwanted bike bits for charity auction

Post  Keep up lad! Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:45 pm

This week I managed to raise £31.47 from the sale of parts donated so far.  Look at https://www.justgiving.com/SteveFitton.  But I need to reach a target of £300 by the end of the month so urgently need more.  

Ivan is going to rummage through his bits that his wife doesn't want, in the privacy of his own garage so that must be an example for other members to follow.
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:45 pm

hi steve, i've got bunch of old tat for you, mostly cycling books that i've read; shall i bring them to you or do you want to collect?
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Post  Keep up lad! Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Cheers Ivan. I will collect them tomorrow. Text me when you are home.

Post  Guest Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Steve,
    I haven't got any bike bits, but I've got 2 pairs of shorts (1 pair bib, 1 pair normal, both Shimano, size XL, both excellent condition, only worn a few times last summer) that dont fit me anymore, and I've got that 5-bike floor stand that you are welcome to if you think you can sell them on.

regards, Paul
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Post  Keep up lad! Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Cheers Paul. Anything is gratefully accepted. Let me know where and when to collect them. 07939512717

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm