Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Sweepstake Discussion, Points & Updates

anti-climb max

Sweepstake Discussion, Points & Updates

Post  anti-climb max on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Thank you richard for a well prepared attempt at cheap point grabbing.

however, with regard to nai-ya-ruh quinn-tahhh-na's two tdu 'breakaways' the jury have decided to deny the claimed points.

in the opinion of the stewards a 'breakaway' should be an attempt to catch the peleton asleep early doors in the hope that they respond too late to 'reel them in'; ideally, a breakaway should include riders that nobody has heard of from teams that have less worldwide recognition than weston chain gang. the perfect breakaway is caught 2 yards form the finish line (in this instance, bonus bonus points may be awarded, add to that the likely altercations and this could be a goldmine.)

nevertheless, the committee appreciates your interest and in recognition of your claim being the first your rider will be awarded 200 points.
    showmethecakes

Re: Sweepstake Discussion, Points & Updates

Post  showmethecakes on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Wi ai. Reet appy with tha'. 200 points - nuff for a fish supper - when da boot comes in like.

Who is keeping tabs on the scores? I don't want to read through a years worth of forum waffle to add up how many points I've earned.
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:48 pm

following last weeks south american race, there were 2 points scorers amongst our ranks.

cavendish - stage win = -500

quintana - 3rd overall = -1250

previously quintana had + 200, so overall scores are cavendish -500, quintana -1050; all others are 0.

.....exciting isn't it??

27/2:

quintana goes down in national road race taking 3 with him (1000 + 1500 points)

quintana now leads with 1450 points

Last edited by anti-climb max on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Isn't there supposed to be a 28 day cooling off period? I want a refund! Trust some pesky kids to go snooping around looking at race results.

BaronBanana

Post  BaronBanana on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:53 pm

Who's paid their pro rider to take somebody out?!

showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Hurrah - Quintana won Tirreno Adriatico! Sh*te - that's cost me 5000 points! Damn.

cornishchris

Post  cornishchris on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:15 pm

disappointingly Cancellara took a pretty bad fall this afternoon...2 vertebrae fractured apparently and his classics campaign is over...great news for Andy but bad news for racing. although, he was a bit of a moaner....
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:19 pm

Every time I check here for updates my eye gets drawn to Fryups video post. The final image looks like a cyclist being strangled on the finishing line which would, if that rider was in the sweep, be a shed load of points. Then I'm always left with that nagging question in my mind: "Is this technically an abandonment or not?". The rider has clearly not completed the race as he still has one foot the wrong side of the line, but I think his bike made it across. If he crossed the line in an ambulance does that count? If I was his team manager I'd be going ballistic at him for not rolling far enough along the road to finish the race. I mean - how is that going to look on his palmares? Abandoned race 6 inches from the line!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:42 pm