Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Road Graze

Keep up lad!

Road Graze

Post  Keep up lad! on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:12 pm

Since I know everyone is very worried about me I can reassure you all that I am alive and well.  I was head down at 25 mph and didn’t notice quickly enough that those ahead of me were slowing to turn right and I lost control under braking. As Martin commented, I acted most considerately and didn't take anyone else with me.  Strangely, I noticed a soft back tyre just a few miles later and wondered if that may have contributed.  I will never know.   Just a few bruises, a bit of a scrape on the hip and shoulder, and a few scratches on the bike.  I'm hobbling around a bit now, trying to pretend that it’s just normal after a ride!
    I read somewhere it’s an offence (or is that offensive?) to post pictures of body parts to members of a club so here is one.  Shame about me saddle!  I thought I heard Neil say he didn't like his so he would do me a swap.  I don’t need to worry about scratching it by leaning it on a wall now.

" />
    stubble07

Re: Road Graze

Post  stubble07 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:45 pm

Shocked Glad your ok though. Smile

cornishchris

Post  cornishchris on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 pm

glad to hear all is good...cs

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content