Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

5 posters

Saturday 8th November - The Carnival is over - Glastonfenneysweetsish

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 8th November - The Carnival is over - Glastonfenneysweetsish Empty Saturday 8th November - The Carnival is over - Glastonfenneysweetsish

Post  anti-climb max Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:46 pm

As nobody once said 'a week's a long time in cycling!'

after last week's indian summer, this week we return to type and trudge through puddles.

not worth promising anything based on current forecast. i'll check the local forecasts for NSE on friday evening and we'll head in the driest direction (if there is one.)

if it's a washout everywhere, we'll head for burnham again.

i will also be riding on sunday as this has a better forecast, so if you do the sensible thing and stay indoors on saturday if the forecast is correct, get in touch with me and we'll go out on sunday instead.

if saturday has been a washout i'll announce my sunday plans via forum on saturday afternoon, watch this space.
    pedrospedros

Saturday 8th November - The Carnival is over - Glastonfenneysweetsish Empty Re: Saturday 8th November - The Carnival is over - Glastonfenneysweetsish

Post  pedrospedros Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Up for Sunday better weather but also for small one on sat,all lubed up
    showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Saturday 8th November - The Carnival is over - Glastonfenneysweetsish Empty Re: Saturday 8th November - The Carnival is over - Glastonfenneysweetsish

Post  showmethecakes Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow, Sunday is looking like a more appealing option. Don't be surprised if I wimp out tomorrow.
    pedrospedros

Post  pedrospedros Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:36 pm

Fair enough might going mountain biking on sat
    Pirate
    Pirate

Post  Pirate Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Yep, Sunday is looking like a goer for me. If we can meet up at the same time (8.45) & same place (Priory) that would be splendid with me.

Can't really do both days so I'll probably wimp out tomorrow too.

Enjoy mixing it up with the blue-rinse brigade & watch out for the blue killer (hypothermia).

Winter draws on!

pirat
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Post  anti-climb max Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:20 pm

today's ride report.

4 riders, burnham, wet.

ojc: 1
    wf: 11/10
    ttc: 10/10 breakfast +tea £3.75!!! gotta love chatterboxes

tomorrow we'll meet at priory at 8:45. any late comers can ride with weston wheelers who meet there at 9am; according to their website, you're advised to do some training prior to joining wheeler rides as you need to be capable of averaging 15mph. so it'll be a painful experience if you lie in.

not sure about destination, (i only do saturdays.) please share your ideas here and we'll go with the majority.

Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Here's the shameful stats -
    http://ridewithgps.com/trips/3745990

32 miles, thats got to be a new low record.
    I'm sure you will all make up for it tomorrow. I'll try and be there provided the demon drink doesn't get me tonight.

Make sure you all have your signed medical certificates to say you are capable of keeping up with the Wheelers.

showmethecakes
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Looking forward to a nice dry ride tomorrow! Want to keep my ride down to about 3 - 4 hours so might cut it short or perhaps just not stop for coffee. Anyway, see you at 8:45.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 am