Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish Empty Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish

Post  anti-climb max Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:05 pm

i've held on as late as possible, but the bbc STILL predict rain for saturday morning, OK from noon onwards though..... yippee

usual then, we'll head out via toll road, uphill, accommodation road and brent knoll toilets and make destination decisions on the road, if forecast is correct we'll all be making the tri stop!

latchers on can latch on at the anchor at around 8:45.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Only 4 brave souls (Ivan, Richard, Fabian and myself) turned up.
    With constant rain we set off south in search of the sun.
    The rain did not stop so we stopped at Burnham for an early breakfast. Three of us choose the standard full english and a coffee for £3.75!!!
    Fabian had ordered a bacon sandowich but after realising it was an extra 40p he make the sensible choice to chang to a cooked breky.
    We had to endure some cheeky comments from the local Burnham blue rinse brigade but it was all in jest.
    We returned via Wedmore etc and only managed to rack up 40 miles!!!
    As we returned through Winscombe we saw a large group of riders coming the other way and I think we spotted Steve and some of the other tri atheletes :-)

TTC - 9/10 for value for money
    OJC - 2
    KF - 6 fast but short
    Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/3573853
    Keep up lad!
    Keep up lad!

Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish Empty Re: Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish

Post  Keep up lad! Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Well spotted Martin!   Sam, Mike, and myself were just 3 of the WCG members entry in the Tasty Cheddar Audax.  Stuart, Dave and about 4 others also took part but were a little way behind us.  Sam was upset about getting his bike dirty so we had chickened out of the Strawberry Line part of the route and were trying to get to the control at Cheddar before the queue for tea and toast stretched back to Axbridge.  Like you we started out in dismal pouring rain but by the time we were on top of the Mendips the rain had gone and the sun was shining, leaving only mud, grit and slippery leaf strewn lanes to contend with.  Sam tried hard to avoid the numerous posts, dogs, trees, cars, people and everything in fact, managing to remain seated.  Although he did get off half way up Upper Road climb into Hinton Blewitt claiming ‘loss of traction’ but we all knew he just needed to walk a bit.  A bit of a grunt up East Dundry  tongue but we all made it back to Bristol unscathed with Sam vowing never to enter another Audax again.  affraid  (Unless it's guaranteed to be all on nice smooth roads)

Sponsored content

Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish Empty Re: Saturday 4th October - GlastonFenneySweetsish

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:22 am