Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

Saturday 8th September

Martin
    Admin

Saturday 8th September

Post  Martin on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:41 am

Hi fellow velosters,

Following my no show last weekend due to being away in Bournemouth I am again going to have to miss this Saturdays ride as we are going to visit Birmingham uni.

The weather forecast looks great so hopefully you will have a great day with no crashes!

I am assuming that next weekends trip down to Devon to see the Tour of Britain is still on? I will try and contact Ivan in the coming week to find out the details and also start a new topic in the Events area of this forum.

Martin
    showmethecakes

Re: Saturday 8th September

Post  showmethecakes on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Martin - glad to hear you have a reasonable excuse for not turning out on a Saturday! Was beginning to think we weren't good enough for you anymore.

Current plans for next week are as follows:
    Option 1 - meet at Priory 8:15, load bikes and people into cars and drive to Devon for a 35 mile ride to Dartmouth to watch the ToB. Ride back to the cars and them home by early evening.
    Option 2, for those not wanting to venture into Devon, - meet at Priory 8:15 and go for the usual Saturday ride.
    Option 3 - the weather is lousy so stay in bed.

Best off speaking to Ivan but I don't think he will tell you any different.
    showmethecakes

Post  showmethecakes on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:29 pm

While I'm about it thought I would just add a bit about Saturday's ride.
    First thing is that Gordon got home from hospital on Monday and is recovering at home, Paul S had 4 stiches in his cut arm and Marcella was still feeling a little bashed and bruised. Not expecting to see Gordon out for a while but others involved in the crash were out and riding again.

About 21 turned up for the ride to Frome as proposed by Ivan. For various reasons only 8 made it past Rocky Mountain, the rest ducking out for early tea and cake! The rest of the ride to Frome was blessed with good weather and was incident free (apart from Ivan's dubious wheel choices and pink jersey). We even (nearly) took the correct route. For me that amounted to 87 miles at an average of 17 mph. Nick will know how many feet of climbing it was with his new Cateye. All I will say is it was decidedly lumpy.
    Martin
    Admin

Post  Martin on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks for the update about next weekend. I will try and txt Ivan this week to see if he needs me to drive next weekend.

I'm assuming Ivans dubious wheel choice was something to do with a problem he had rather than them being also pink! 87 miles at an average of 17 mph is very good going, someone must have been cracking the whip.

Good to hear those involved in the crash are on the mend.

Hope to see you all next week.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 am