Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

3 posters

Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton Empty Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton

Post  anti-climb max Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Yes!

Summer is nearly here and the good rides just keep on coming (unless you're a triathlete)

This week it's confession time again at the home of white pizza.

Alternatively you can visit rocky mountain..... AGAIN!
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:39 pm

About 18 riders appeared for what promised to be the first proper day of spring with warm sunshine.
    Great to see Pete back after his accident and he was looking very fit.
    Ivan decided that in keeping with his new Italian stallion bike he should ride on the right hand side of the road and almost ran a guy on a bike off the road as we navigated the back roads of Worle.
    Climbing up Burrington Combe we discovered a new mountain whippet Paul (from South Africa?). I may have to hand over my polka dot jersey.
    We did the usual dash across the top of the Mendips to the familiare destination of Rocky Mountain. Eight riders continued on to Bruton. We lost Mr P Burns at the A37 junction we he took the wrong turning but he managed to arrive at the cafe exactly the same time as the rest of us despite doing an extra 2 miles!
    We sat outside in the warm spring sunshine. We were too late to have breakfast so had to make do with large flapjacks or croissants.
    The return leg of the ride was a bit of a blast as we enjoyed a tail wind which meant we were doing 20+ mph all the way back. We took a slightly different route towards the south of Glastonbury and enjoyed some great swooping decents. We lost Meirion soon after the Bermuda Triangle called Castle Cary.
    The second stop was at Sweats where we collapsed. A few minutes later Meirion turned up from the other direction!
    Ivan enjoyed a beef stew with chips! We were missing Neil who probably went straight back home in order to do his photographer duties at Uphill Badminton club. The last part of the ride was a bit more sedate as all energies had been spent.
    Great ride and I look forward to next week which maybe a 100 miler to Sherbourne.
    Don't forget the clocks change tonight so next weeks ride starts at 8:15am

OJC - 3?
    TTC - 6/10 great bread as usual but limited selection and a bit pricey - £6.70 for a crossant and coffee!
    Knacker factor - 8.5/10 - 17.1mph average
    Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2404888
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton Empty Re: Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton

Post  anti-climb max Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Another great report.

Slight point of order. Whilst 'sweats' may have been a more appropriate name for the second stop I reckon that the vicky may well disapprove.

I guess you could be hoping to receive the length of her tongue, if so, good on ya and good luck... or should I say good lick (in the spirit of Freudian slips!)
    stubble07
    stubble07

Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton Empty Re: Saturday 29th March - bruuuuuuuuuton

Post  stubble07 Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Pete. Realy realy great to see you cycling with us again. Very Happy 

Last 15 miles cramped in hams. Got to Texcos in WSM half Mile from home. Would you believe it Embarassed Had to stop for something to drink and eat. I was gone. Could not turn the pedal I was Bonked. Thank God I had a tail wind last 15 miles or I would of missed my photo shoot

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am