Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis?

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis? Empty Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis?

Post  anti-climb max Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:32 am

Once again we will run the gauntlet of Bath's one way system and enjoy elvenses at the tennis club.

Triathlete option will be Chew Magna I suspect, so long as this won't interfere with their pre 2017 season training programme.
    Martin
    Martin
    Admin

Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis? Empty Ride report

Post  Martin Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:39 am

Fifteen or so hardy souls turned up for a frosty start. We set of for Bath via Puxton, Sandford, Wrington, Redhill, Chew Stoke. Just after Pensford there is a short sharp incline of about 1/20 and people were urging Chris to try and make it up the hill in the big ring. He did'nt dissappoint but probably picked the wrong day as about half way up it got a bit slippery and he lost traction and had to get off. As you can imagine we were all very sympathetic! We continued on to Saltford where we picked up the Bristol to Bath railway line. By the time we arrived at the tennis club it had warmed up nicely. They had a excellent range of cakes and I had the health option of carrot cake followed by white chocolate cheese cake. The loos were a bit of a faff as we had to get the door unlock code to be able to use them. I cant really remember the journey back as i was suffering big time due to lack of fitness. Everyone was kind enough to wait for me but they really only wanted to see me suffer more :-)

Dont forget to give Ivan the money for the xmas meal and let him know what you want to eat.

TTC - 9/10
    OJC -2
    Knacker factor - 9.9/10
    Stats - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2031601
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis? Empty Re: Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis?

Post  anti-climb max Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:03 pm

perhaps if you'd found a lighter bike you'd have been ok; but then, what does £2500 get you these days....?

open evening at bicycle chain, bridger next wednesday (4th dec.) invite only, but i got one.... so all welcome!!!

let me know saturday if you fancy going down and annoying the locals.

Sponsored content

Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis? Empty Re: Saturday 23rd November - Anyone for tennis?

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am