Weston Chain Gang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weston Chain Gang

Welcome to the Weston Chain Gang forum. We are a group of cyclists that ride regularly from Weston-super-Mare. We meet at Priory school on Saturday at 8:45. Rides vary in distance between 60 and 100 miles with a stop for cake. Ridet nec genere!

2 posters

Phil's Funeral

anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Phil's Funeral Empty Phil's Funeral

Post  anti-climb max Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:46 pm

funeral for phil takes place on friday 9th august at the crem' 3:45pm.

prior to the funeral the procession will pass priory (sainsbury's roundabout on queensway.) the family would like a group of cyclists to ride in front of the procession to the crem', phil always liked a convoluted route when he got near weston so we'll see what we can do between priory and the crem', bring a few gels!

following the funeral there will be a wake at the commodore hotel, sand bay.

all group members are invited to participate in all of the above, we have been asked to wear our cycling gear (ojc - again!)

i intend to wear my CG jersey with loose shorts and ride in my trainers, you may wish to do likewise.

further info will appear on this site in due course; any questions, call me.

ivan 07968697915
    anti-climb max
    anti-climb max

Phil's Funeral Empty final funeral arrangements

Post  anti-climb max Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 pm

those intending to ride with the funeral cortege should be at roundabout on queensway between priory school and sainsbury's by 3pm on friday, procession is due just after 3pm and we have been asked to latch on as it passes. please wear your CG jersey if you have one.

not certain how secure our bikes will be at the crem', so please bring a lock if you have one and we'll lock the bikes together.

after the funeral, riders that intend to attend wake can ride with me to the commodore. again, i'm unsure about bike security, but i suspect we can park up around the back of the hotel and we can lock our bikes together as above.
    andys
    andys

Phil's Funeral Empty phils funeral

Post  andys Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Could you please assemble at the (bus terminal Sainsbury's roundabout ) as we will be leading the funeral cortege, and so we will need to be ready and in position as Phil and family arrives, Thanks Andy,

Sponsored content

Phil's Funeral Empty Re: Phil's Funeral

Post  Sponsored content